Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglejane

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how common are illegal snakes in Australia?? A friend of mine has a bright orange corn snake, and i was thinking if he has one i wonder how many other people in Australia have exotics, coz i'm pretty sure my friend wouldn't even have a licence?? I know if you have one ya not gonna tell me which is fine but just curious if people come across them much?

sorry its probably a pretty sensitive subject :? Anything anyone posts in here means nothing but their opinion.... :wink:

There is a hell of alot of exotics available.
I have been offered red tailed Boas, Chameleons, An alligator (which I really wanted) Corns & Milk snakes in the past.

Be aware that soon you will be reading several posts telling you to roll over on your friend & inform NPWS & RSPCA on them. It is the right thing to do after all. (no sarcastic smile incase its taken as a snide remark lol)

Whoa, lucky i spotted this one early.... Hang on for a minute guys, i've gotta go down stairs and grab my beer.... Just wait a minute :p

exotics

Perhaps informing yr friend of the penalties of owning an exotic might suffice as a deterrance (not keen on dobbing someone in, personally). I've read on various threads, a whole multitude of opinions on the subject but just out of curiousity, where do people get offered these 'exotics'? Dodgy pet stores?

waruikazi said:
Ok i'm back! Go for your lives! :D

No popcorn ran out on the carpondro thread.

You bring the beer, I've got the popcorn...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

RE: exotics

If its a nice corn snake, then confiscate it and tell him your doing him a favour :)

gess here we go again, this is going to turn into another sh*t fight... alot of people have them, alot of people hate them, personally if i could legally keep them i would because there are some blody beautiful exotics out there... what NPWS dont realise is that there probably just as common as uassie herps. IMO there should be a license outn there for exotics, but iwth very very very strict guidlines, like if one dies you must provide NPWS with the body to confirm it has no excaped, and if it does escape you get fined, and the license should be worth a few hundred for say 3 years (maybe $100 a year?)

Juts my opinion

Re: exotics

raist said:
just out of curiousity, where do people get offered these 'exotics'? Dodgy pet stores?

Depends u could offered it becase a friend of a friend knwos u own herps... or a mate get soffered one and he doesnt want it and offers it to u.....

Or yes it could be a dodgy pet shop (i knwo of a few that have been "busted" trying to sell red eared sliders, red tailed boas and corns

And to answer JJ question there are thousands of them floating around....... hell those boas that were handed in, in Vic was only a very small perportion of an actuall Boa clutch.....What happened to the rest of them ?? << I dont think DSE relised if someone hands in say 10 juv boas what happened to the other possible 15 juv's :roll:

But these days the Government bodies (DSE, QPWS whatever they r) are setting plenty of traps and doing searches all the times so there is every chance u will get caught.

And 10yrs jail or a $110,000 doesnt sound inviting to me :wink:

Re: exotics

And 10yrs jail or a $110,000 doesnt sound inviting to me :wink:[/quote]

any one who belives in that crap needs there head red.nobody gets those sort of fines..........JMO.

RE: Re: exotics

Yes i know Krusty but that is the maximum.....hell u could be the unlucky one who does get the first every $110,000 fine lol

RE: Re: exotics

People who keep exotics are just like cat owners! It is bringing in an animal that if it escapes could reap havoc on our native wild life, spread diseases and cause irrefutable damage to our hobby :!: Just like the cat owners, cats and the hybrid breeders and hybrids, exotics and the breeders/importers of exotics should either be locked up in prison for at least the ten years that is on offer or be hung, draw and quatered :!:

How's that JandC :?: :D :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back