Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: Re: exotics

tyrone said:
Yes i know Krusty but that is the maximum.....hell u could be the unlucky one who does get the first every $110,000 fine lol

a lot of pepole i speak to think that is what every one with exotics gets.
and i do know that is the MAXIMUM.

I was offered this once and I'm definitely in OZ. It's one of many I get offered every year.

I heard on the grape-vine that he surrended it with 50 hatchlings and a mate (no fine)

The most exotic things I have in my collection are rats :)

There was a zebra skin about a dozen head trophies of African Animals. He obviously had contacts. I went there looking for nice Woma hatchlings. they were not on paper either.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: exotics

That is good because other wise you would be living in denial LOL :D :lol: :)

exotics

I believe enforcement needs to get tougher if there is to be ANY impact on the trade of exotics in Australia. Authorities need to get creative in terms of discouraging the public from even considering owning an "illegal" animal. The current laws and policing practices being what they are, it would be easy to keep an exotic pet without the autorities ever finding out you had one. Or two. Or three. From what i gather from various other threads on this forum, controlling the exotic population and its growth has become somewhat of a farce (no disrespect to the staff of relevant agencies, many times its a matter of faulty policy or lack of resources).
Hell, i'd risk owning an exotic, but if they start including mandatory jail time (however short) or banning herp ownership for life as a penalty i might reconsider.

hazzard said:
There was a zebra skin about a dozen head trophies of African Animals. He obviously had contacts. I went there looking for nice Woma hatchlings. they were not on paper either.

I dont know if you really need "contacts" to get yourself exotic animal products, you can legally buy them from time to time.

Not too long ago, well a couple of years maybe :? there was a big auction of exotic animal goods in QLD i think.. one intresting item was a pair of African wart hogs (i think) that had been converted into drink dispensers thru the anus :shock:

it was on the news, so im sure a few people hear would remember it.

Matt

Jeez didn't realise this was gonna be a dramatic topic!!! I didn't know there were that many illegal snakes in Australia, and all the people wanting to stand up and scream at me to tell the authorities, I don't know his address so i honestly can't help and besides that hes not the type of person you get into trouble :wink: Damn don't know if this topics gonna end up good enough to bring out the beers and doritos and salsa....... :lol:
Sorry for stirrin up the pot......
Jane

Why appologize for a valid question?
You wern't to know how pedantic the mob are about wildlife laws.

exotics

hey Junglejane don't apologise! we all love a good s**tstorm :) freedom of expression. Don't dob your mate in! just MY opinion

why would you dob your mate in? anyone who says " dob him/her in there keeping illegal reptiles" just think, would you dob in your parents or siblings if they bought a chameleon for 200 cause it looked good?

lol alot of non dobber innerers here now.
Get a few of the mob against them though and they will either go silent or agree to dob them in lmao. Get a backbone.

Besides you can't just turn a blind eye to illegal activities like this regardless if its friends or family. Just ask the passionate 1's :p

I know u can get them through certain people in the rebels. Other than that No idea.

hee hee Jane, it's all good, you are just giving J&C something to do and something to amuse the rest of us by readin..... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back