Incubating Diamond Python Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junglemad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi there breeders! What is the longest time you have incubated eggs before they hatched ...Someone told me that theirs had gone 59 days at 30 degrees. How does your experience compare to this??

Mine have been cooking for 56 days today and i am starting to get impatient for them to hatch, for something to happen, otherwise i am worried that they may never hatch and because the shells may be too hard i may lose the lot, or have hatchlings with no egg tooth. All of the worries of being a dad without the mad dash to the hospital

cheers

hi,
not sure how they compare, but had 3 clutches of coastal eggs this year, temps were around 29 to 31 deg, first lot took 53 days, second took 55 days and third took 58 days, these days were when the first head was seen, they took about 2 more days to all come out of the eggs,
hope this gives you an idea,
i know how your feeling right at this moment, hope it goes well,

cheers,
steve.........

Ours hatched at 57 and 58 days and for the first month or more were sitting at 31.5-32 degrees (I know NOW that's boiling lol). After that initial month they were dropped to 28-29. I know about that impatience junglemad lol...I thought ours were never gonna come out!

this is good to hear...i don't want to lose any from impatience after all this time...my little precious packages!!!

There are 11 left, she laid 12 and a slug. One was lost moving them from the nesting box as they were well stuck together when they were discovered. It came as a big surprise because she laid so late and she laid while i was on holidays. They will be special to me for sure...i might not even sell any of them

Your story sounds like ours except from 7 (and 4 slugs) we ended up with 3 lol. Good luck with them! Let us know how you go :D

I am the guardian, they are in my place incubating and now it is cose to 57 days. I hope they will do ok for junglemad . That was small clutch as the female was young and layed first time. I will post when they hatch.

no hijacking threads.....my patience is being sorely tested. Some of these eggs better hatch. I read in the Snake Encyclopaedia by Harry Ehmann that artificial incubation of python eggs can take between 37 to 103 days in the morelias. They are at least 58 days laid now. I won't last another 45 days.
Has anyone had Diamond eggs take longer than 60 days to hatch?

Junglemad

Why on earth are you incubating so low. Normally you would incubate at 31.5c to 32c. At this temp they normally hatch at 54 to 56 days. Years ago we all incubated python eggs at 30c and from memeroy they took between 60 to 65 days for Diamonds. Don't panic, you probably have about 1 week to go.

Junglemad

I have incubated diamond eggs at 31'C and they have hatched at around 54-55 days. I have also incubated them at 28'C and they have hatched at 59-60 days. There's no problem with them taking longer and as long as the eggs are looking okay and have sunk in then things are going fine. Your babies are inside those eggs and will come out when they're good and ready.

thanks guys...bigguy ...long story. Eggs were laid when i was on holidays and SLateman is incubating them. It is my first try and his second. Next year will be a lot easier with all these hints and tips under my belt.
again thanks for advice.
pics when available

We hatched a clutch of 26 murray darling eggs at 31.5c and it took 56 days. Not sure if diamonds are similar.

I am watching the eggs curefully, They are at least 59 to 60 days old and I am sure that they are healthy babies inside. Eggs are shrinking in right way. Jungle, you will be happy father soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back