Incubating Diamond Python Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is minimum 61 days now Temperature 30c
They still did not poke they heads out. They looooove mums eggs.

Congrats guys.
Might be a personal question & I will understand if you do not wish to answer, but what deal do you guys have in regards to Slatey incubating the clutch?

Only asking out of sheer interest & to get an idea RE: incubating, breeding loans etc.

Congratulations mate! I'm jealous, I can't wait to start breeding my Childrens.

JandC_Reptiles said:
Congrats guys.
Might be a personal question & I will understand if you do not wish to answer, but what deal do you guys have in regards to Slatey incubating the clutch?

Only asking out of sheer interest & to get an idea RE: incubating, breeding loans etc.

Our situation is complicated mate.
Incubator is not mine, is belong to my friend and he will get one hatchling for lending it to us.
I had this incubator to incubate my coastals and I gived him 2 hatchies from my clatch becaose he is good mate of mine.One hatchie would be enough. He was happy with that. I gived him 2 of them becaose when I was on holiday he took care of all watching for week.
He will claim one hatchie from second clatch owed by junglemad.
Incubator is good and work perfect second time in row. I am glad that junglemad's hatchies are finally comming out. I was watching them and checking for past 9 days constantly LOL they was bit hesitant to hatch.

I was watching them and checking for past 9 days constantly LOL they was bit hesitant to hatch.
They must've been shy and wanted to wait till no-one's looking :lol:

Your mate gets a hatchie for use of the incubator.
You get the pleasure of gaining more experience incubating python eggs.
And Junglemad gets to raise his first clutch (I assume its his 1st?).
Sounds like a win,win,win situation :p

Congrats again guys.
And good to see fellow hobbyists helping each other out.

Congratulations Slateman & Junglemad.

So it ended up being 61 days at 30 degees then!
How stable was the incubator temp Slatey?

A little head was popping out for a look . Thanks very much Slatey! As a few of you know I like to think i can sex snakes by sight. I will put in my guess for my own babies.."male" for this one and his name will be 'Swartzenegger' after his dad 'Terminator' and after the fact he looks like a blackhead hatchie

welcome to the menagerie blackboy

Junglemad,

Congratulations. As I said, 60 to 65 days at 30c. The rest should hatch over the next few days.

zen said:
Congratulations Slateman & Junglemad.

So it ended up being 61 days at 30 degees then!
How stable was the incubator temp Slatey?

Gradient between 28.6 to 31.4

Thanks for that Slateman.
Gradient between 28.6 to 31.4
Sounds perfect 8)

That's a good incubator then. Quite stable, especially considering that you went through the New Years day heatwave of 45 degrees!

Well done Slatey :)

i can't be sure that they were laid on new years day but they weren't incubated until the 3rd of Jan. The female had them clumped and was wrapped around them by the time Slatey found them.

And thanks everyone for your kind thoughts

So the first few days were maternally incubated. She must have done her bit then, as it's obviously worked out fine. 8)

You must be a stoked proud dad, Junglemad ! :D

thanks all...thanks henry. I will need those pinkies afterall mate. i will ring you and place an order

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back