Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bendarwin

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am owned by pythons , but I am interested in Inland Taipans (maybe obsessed). Has anyone on here kept them in captivity? I am still a long way off being able to keep them myself but would appreciate pictures of enclosures and snakes if any one has any.

Cheers

Ben

may I suggest prior to getting Inlands you start with other elapids and slowly work your way up. Inlands are a no nonsence animal. The are a nervous, extreamly fast moving animal that will upset your day really fast. I've been handling Vens for many years both captive and wild and the Inland is the only ven that has the ability to really put the wind up me.
They should only be kept if you've had several years experience with other vens. Work up from say RBBS to Tigers to Browns and then Inlands.
I can't stress enough, they will screw you over at the speed of light given half a chance.

I think I've got some shots in my gallery if you want to track it down.

Cheers,
I understand the danger, actually I have found a quote by a Taipan keeper " If you want to keep a taipan, make a deal with yourself: If you get bitten, you're going to die. So, too, are other members of your household and your neighbors." I am planning on keeping NT Death Adders first, then stepping up to maybe a tiger snake and then as my crown jewel I would like a Inland T.

I checked your gallery, your Inland is awesome but the mulgas are something else......excellent.

heres an one of the inlands i used to keep.

Attachments

• Tipan  107 small.jpg
    Tipan 107 small.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 172
That's a fair whack of Taipan TB!! Jeeeez! :D I haven't had even the tiniest breath of experience with the likes of taipans, or even eastern browns for that matter, and I got to say, they spook the hell out me :lol: Damn things look fast just sitting still! :lol: :lol:

Davo, i was thinking the same thing.

Wise wearing thongs while handling the most venomous snake in the world,

No offence TB, mind you with I suppose years of experience you tend feel more comfatable with things.

hahaha, yes well i hate wearing shoes, thongs are like a part of my feet and i can move better in them.(can play hacky better in thongs to).
Most inlands are very docile creatures and can be free handled with out problems if you have the balls and are silly enough. Although i certainly DONOT recomend this.
Ive had 1 female though that was pshyco.

PS, whats wrong with my legs.? there lovely.!!

Agree with you 100% there Elapid68, they're not to be trifled with animals.

I'm not entirely sure that starting out with a Death Adder is easing into elpaid keeping slowly though Ben :lol: That's not a critiscism, just a personal opinion as someone who observes both Inlands and Death Adders daily. I do know though that there are many folks out there who think that Death Adders are a fantastic first snake.....as with all things it's a matter of personal choice and what you feel you can handle. The thing to watch most with both though is that they have a tendency to go from "slow and cruisy" to lightning strikes in seconds (and most especially with DAs) absolutely no prior warning. From what I've seen and heard they also don't bluff a strike often or dry bite as a rule.

I haven't sussed out the new APS system here thoroughly yet but there's a pic of our female Inland in a past thread....sorry I can't be more definite about the location yet :oops:

vens look awsome and they really fascinate me! i love watching them from behind thick glass! but there is no way i'd be able to keep them! they do scare me! how do u guys all decide that keeping vens is a good idea?
just curious as i'd love to keep them but dont have the balls lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back