Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvsmyreptiles

Reaction score
QPWS came around today with the RSPCA as they had recieved complaints from someone who saw my pics of my scrub eating a kitten(as posted in my photo album here on APS).

QPWS inspected all of my reptiles and gave me the nod and the RSPCA asked how i got the kittens and how they are killed. As it is all legal and humane, they were quite nice about the whole matter and said that some people are just extra-sensitive about these things.

That said, i find it disheartening that someone would dob me in for animal cruelty. Honest to god i have never hurt an animal in my life.

The time that they spent inspecting me they could have been out there busting the real a$$holes that need their animals taken off them.

What a waste of the RSPCA's time. Whoever rang them, i just wanted you to know the outcome and the time you wasted.

Cheers.

Our socially programed sensativities to particular kinds of animanls and disdain for others at times clouds judgement. You got cleared by the powers that be, so that puts paid to all arguments on legality. Nice snake collection.
Moses

you just need to think about what you put up. There is always going to be someone who will be offended and for some reason voracious wildlife killing disease carrying moggies seem to raise the passions of seemingly rational people.
Peter

we all still love ya i luvs.....

Truth be told they just wanted to check out ya collection cause they are jealous that s all :)

keep up the good work
Matt

Don't forget : this is a public forum. Anyone (even non-members) could have seen your photos and reported you. It's also worth considering that it may even have been someone who works for the RSPCA or QPWS!

Although, I guess you've gotta ask yourself, how did they identify you from your info on APS. Do other members here know where you live?

I guess this is an object lesson to everyone : don't post anything that may be questionable, as it could lead to trouble.

In any case, I'm glad you're ok and no action was taken - that's the main thing! :)

Wanst me i hate cats the flean bitten things. My sister owns a cat only good thing about it is that i get its food for my lizards :)

Glad it was all ok Iluvs and hope something horrible happens to the misguided loser who tried to get you in trouble.The fact that the relevant authorities gave you the stamp of approval shows just how unjust people where recently towards you on this website. To the loser who tried and failed to get you in deep **** I am LMAO at you jerk.

more dead cats the better
down the hatch they go

I don't know what the big deal was anyway...they were in my personal album. It's not like i posted them here boasting.

ok im sure some people here think that was me but it wasnt! for 1 i dont know where u live and 2 i thought about it and apologised to iluvs. i do luv cats tho so for the people that are STILL posting saying you hate them and want them all dead pls dont! even iluvs says she has pet cats so ur not gonna get on her good side by saying that!

lol PHEW. had a mini freak out then. i imagined enemies multiplying lmao

RIGHT ON!

I personally am a big cat lover, but I realise there are many people who aren't. What I think, is that many people are wasting their time hating the cats, when they should be hating and opposing the irresponsible and morally reprehensible owners, who think cats are something that should live outside, have a bowl of food thrown their way occasionally, and need not be worried about when they disappear.

I have 2 cats, but they never leave the house, so they have NO CHANCE of harming the local wildlife. The closest they get to 'hunting', is chasing mosquitoes in our enclosed courtyard...and that's the way it should be. Hate the owners, not the animals.

Mel x

Really if you think about it if feeding a cat to your snake is "cruel" what about rabbits ppl feed thier snakes rabbits they are liked by as many ppl that like cats then there is rats ppl will have a go at you for feeding rats to you snake its really never ending is it
i say if iluvs wonts to feed his scrubbie a cat thats up to him its not like he stole a pet cat and feed it to the snake and a cat would be a lot cheaper then feeding 6 rats a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back