Interesting Elapid Handling Videos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i find that the main problem with snake handling courses is there lack of identification training and because of this every snake they remove are call taipans

I recently was given a copy of another companies training book......claiming 115 venomous snakes in Australia, most genus's were out of date by about 20 years, and of course called a mamba a colubrid.......all of this in a booklet from 2008 and approved by QLD Authorities, and they claim to want you to be able to id a snake.......people often asked why we went for Nationally Recognized Training, we have to meet 12 National Standards in Education and Training......we have no choice but to ensure people can ID a snake before they leave....but they are also taught to treat every snake job as a dangerously venomous snake so that they dont take stupid risks!

Bump, i have noticed Baz has posted some nice clips latley, thanks for sharing it with everyone. Would be keen to see some more clips or even just suggestions of who to subscribe to on youtube.

Elapid@, they are nice clips, thanks for sharing them, while not exactly what im asking for in this thread they are good at showing snakes are not out to kill everyone and most snakes are placid if treated well.

That is brutal and unjustified cruelty how RunDMC has been abused by some snake handlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back