is anyone one else straight edge on here?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight Edge is a movement spawned within the hardcore scene in the '80s. Its followers have made a commitment to abstain from using drugs, alcohol and tobacco products.

Thanks mate... I'm definitely not one of those, just got back from having a cig and mixing another 10oz glass of double jacks.

Last edited:
you dont have to drink or take drugs to have a good time... i know it doesnt sound right but its true.. lol.. i would never of believed it myself once..

I think it's the giving yourself rules about something that isn't necessarily going to damage you that's no fun...I mean yes, smoking will...but a drink every now and then isn't going too.

Anyway, the point I mean is; each too their own, as long as you don't feel you've restricted yourself from enjoying your life personally.

Thanks mate... I'm definitely not one of those, just got back from having a cig and mixing another 10oz glass of double jacks.

im so easily led.. hadnt had a cig in 24 hrs then read this post.. lol.. i had to duck outside to have one...arrhh.. im trying to quit...lol..

Last edited:
Good on those who have been helped by this

I suppose one day I'll be straight edge

Or just laid out straight maybe

Like Saximus, I am without evening knowing it. I've never touched drugs or cigarettes. Alcohol doesn't agree with me so I don't bother with that either. I'm perfectly content with that.

Do you find yourself constantly having to explain why you don't drink, even to people you've already told? I find that while most people can accept a no drugs or cigarettes stance, no alcohol seems to bamboozle them completely! :)

I always get the same questions -
You drinking?
No.
Oh so you're driving?
No.
*puzzled look*

Im with red-ink, but ive been drinking margarita's all night and having a smoke, but (and im not being sarcastic at all, cos i know how things can get taken badly on here) Good on you, not so much for not drinking, smoking etc, but to have something that you believe in and are proud of and not succumbing to pressure while growing up watching people making mistakes.

Do you find yourself constantly having to explain why you don't drink, even to people you've already told? I find that while most people can accept a no drugs or cigarettes stance, no alcohol seems to bamboozle them completely! :)

you can come out with me any time! more drinks for me, lol!! and ill never ask you to explain why you dont want a drink!

I guess I'm fairly straight edge, I've never smoked or done any sort of drug (except prescription, one of those was pretty trippy) but I do drink occasionally, though never to excess.
Took me too long to regain some mental equilibrium to go screwing with it.
God I sound boring now. :lol:

in the mid 90's there was a big group living in byron bay.. all covered it straight edge tatts... they didnt mind a fight though.. lol..

They probably wouldn't, sober people biffing with Byron locals? Surely the reaction times and coordination were on very different levels :p

Never been into smoking smokes. Sometimes I do it when I drink, socially. It's very stupid, though.

I used to get maggot every weekend, and then I realised how ridiculous it was and drink occasionally now.

Used to smoke weed a lot, but I could tell it was starting to affect me and gave it the flick, that sorta stuff I will never touch again. Messes with your head.

Haven't tried hard drugs, don't intend to, either. I'd prefer to be healthy and get my thrills through cars and bikes, rather than blowing it on substances. I'm glad I woke up to myself, I've got mates my age that are dependent alcoholics. There's no way I'd let something like that take me over, it's way too detrimental and there's nothing good that can come of it.

The way I look at it is moderation... just go have fun.
You have to be an idiot sometimes and you have to be a stiff other times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back