is anyone one else straight edge on here?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well i had an accident in 98... died 2 times in the ambo. was in hospital for 8wks rehab 5wks.. when i got out i turned straight to alcohol and drugs, untill i woke up to myself in 05.im now 6yrs sober. 6yrs off hard drugs. and i now use medijuana for pain control. and no im not dependent on it. and yes it is very effective for pain relief.... i have spinal injurys. but im not in a wheelchair.....

well i had an accident in 98... died 2 times in the ambo. was in hospital for 8wks rehab 5wks.. when i got out i turned straight to alcohol and drugs, untill i woke up to myself in 05.im now 6yrs sober. 6yrs off hard drugs. and i now use medijuana for pain control. and no im not dependent on it. and yes it is very effective for pain relief.... i have spinal injurys. but im not in a wheelchair.....

one word, wow...

well better to have stopped than to never have stopped at all? :|
although i usually hear the opposite, people turning to religion n stuff after something like that? o_O

personally pretty much the same with some comments here, no drugs or smokes for that matter, just abit of booze occasionally. That's pretty much how i'm surviving the stuff they throw at us in uni :D

My best friends sister turned to religion after a long drug binge (2 years)....it was odd, I had a talk to her one night after her brother passed out and she told me she didn't believe in god at all, she just needed a replacement, something to fill the void.

Hmmmmm my mantra used to be "my body is a funhouse" now after years of misuse LOL it is "my body is a temple"(with the exception of the Raptures end adventure lol) I thought I would be very bored/boring I was wrong, I do spontaneous crazy things any way LOL ....
I never smoke, or do drugs, may drink(Daddies red cordial)on the rare occasion.....
My motto is live and let live more power to people who dance to their own tune than to that of others :)

How is straight edge a life time commitment?

It a chose you choose if you want be straight edge your are for life, some people ask why the label!! Well
cause it something I'm proud of my self and proud to be a part of it a culture and lifestyle that from day one has brought me friends Alround the world. When I use to tour in band , we use to speak about it ok not to smoke it ok not to drink or do drugs let young kids know there more to life .

Last edited:
Binge drinkers get a label so why shouldn't people that don't drink or do drugs :)
Even crack heads, pot heads and junkies, they get labels too lol.

I went through a phase where I didn't drink (never smoked).
Now days I do enjoy a bit of wine with some good food and the odd scotch on the rocks before bed (helps me sleep).

But other than that, I'm always the guy that sits there and pokes fun at everyone when they're drunk and has the camera ready when needed lol.

My best friends sister turned to religion after a long drug binge (2 years)....it was odd, I had a talk to her one night after her brother passed out and she told me she didn't believe in god at all, she just needed a replacement, something to fill the void.
At least she was realistic enough to admit it

I guess I half am . . I used to do alot of drugs then stopped when I moved in with my bf then when I was off the drugs started getting anxiety so when I went to do the occasional one my comedowns were basically really bad anxiety attacks . . Now I smoke every now and then and drink rarely (never really been big on alcohol) . . and to be honest I find myself so boring now, my old friends and I don't get along as well (they are still the same) but I still don't click with people who aren't really into the things I used to be into . . I'm stuck in a limbo - thank-god I work a lot/study keeps me busy . .

How is straight edge a life time commitment?

just like religion and things like that...people take it very seriously i guess. It's something that makes people happy and feel better about themselves. Just like i'm a vegetarian, i think of it as a life time commitment and i feel good for doing it. But i also don't need a label because i don't eat meat. I guess it's just easier to give it a name..not as much explaining to do..people just know what i'm talking about if i say i'm vego. When it comes to 'straight edge' i guess the people who call themselves that take pride in the fact that they live a clean lifestyle ..i don't know ...because we aren't edge or whatever we wouldn't understand. But i know mat is dedicated to it...c'mon he even has it tattoed on his head haha

Subhumans tee...nice taste in music. But then I met my bf at the Melbourne punks pub crawl, back in the mid-90s.:)

i used to go on those to.. lol.. i lived in richmond, in 93 & 96.. i lived in a house with a few bands down there.. warpspasm,beenflipper & damaged(death metal band).....

Not me... I tried and succeeded for a couple years... but seriously, going out sober when everyone else isn't just sucks.

good on you.. im sober 7 years... after 3 x 2 month stints in RPA in 03-04 & having to sign paper work incase the operations went bad & they had to amputate my legs(from injecting in my feet) i finnally woke up to my self.. i was a herion addict for 14 years, homeless for 5 years & lived on the street in redfurn/newtown..i got as low as you can go... but dug myself out of that hole... i have a hatred that cuts deep when i see junkies now, i cant believe that was me once..that i was that STUPID... live & learn... ive never been a drinker, i watched an uncle drink 2 bottles of black douglas a day till he died in his own bed one day... turned me off alcohol.. my grandfather was an alcoholic most of his life aswell but he got sober for his last 20 years of his life after his son died... at 32yo i had to start my whole life again... very hard to do..

american crap...lol..only good bands out of the US in that time were suicidal tendencies,dead kennedys.. may be a few more... english mate.. exploited,choas uk,chaotic dischord,the macc lads... hardcore '82' was the year it all started...

Last edited:
good on you.. im sober 7 years... after 3 x 2 month stints in RPA in 03-04 & having to sign paper work incase the operations went bad & they had to amputate my legs(from injecting in my feet) i finnally woke up to my self.. i was a herion addict for 14 years, homeless for 5 years & lived on the street in redfurn/newtown..i got as low as you can go... but dug myself out of that hole... i have a hatred that cuts deep when i see junkies now, i cant believe that was me once..that i was that STUPID... live & learn... ive never been a drinker, i watched an uncle drink 2 bottles of black douglas a day till he died in his own bed one day... turned me off alcohol.. my grandfather was an alcoholic most of his life aswell but he got sober for his last 20 years of his life after his son died... at 32yo i had to start my whole life again... very hard to do..

Wow mate I'm glad to hear that you pushed though I've seen what heroin does my sister was a junkie and I made me who I am today. My dad was heavy drinker and that turned me off it as well .. I went straight edge cause I wanted be the one in my family that was different and health . Thanks for sharing your story makes you value your life alot more when you realize past mistake you make what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger .

american crap...lol..only good bands out of the US in that time were suicidal tendencies,dead kennedys.. may be a few more... english mate.. exploited,choas uk,chaotic dischord,the macc lads... hardcore '82' was the year it all started...

Hahaha I listen alot old hardcore gorrilla Bisket, youth of today , minor threat ,madball , sick of it all

Last edited:
Wow mate I'm glad to hear that you pushed though I've seen what heroin does my sister was a junkie and I made me who I am today. My dad was heavy drinker and that turned me off it as well .. I went straight edge cause I wanted be the one in my family that was different and health . Thanks for sharing your story makes you value your life alot more when you realize past mistake you make what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger .

Hahaha I listen alot old hardcore gorrilla Bisket, youth of today , minor threat ,madball , sick of it all

thanks mate... i admire your strength.. something i didnt have.. at 17 i let a girl i liked(older than me,i looked up to her) start shooting herion in my arm just so i could get in her pants.. worst mistake of my life.. i O.D. first shot she gave me..& still had my arm out the next day for more... thats how addictive herion is.. peer pressure is a hard thing to fight at 17yo.. everyone else was doing it in the room.. i said know for months at first but then gave in as my gf was spending my whole paycheck on the stuff... i soon took the stance 'im paying, i want..' felt like i was being used for $$( & i was)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back