Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AUSGECKO

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is everyone getting lots of wired and dumb enquiries when trying to sell animals? I'm getting people wanting to swap completely random crap that has nothing to do with reptiles, people that have obviously not read the advertisement and want to ask questions that the advertisement already answered, if I advertise a juvenile female for sale they will ask "how much for 2 males and a 2 year old female"? And if I advertise 12 animals for sale at 8:15, don't ask me if I have any left at 8:22............ Of course I do.
That's my rant for the week.

had someone ask why my advertised WESTERN BLUEY was so much as he could get babies for $35 does that qualify?

Yeah this is what happens sometimes when you have an advertisement. Worst is when they want to buy but try to barter or swap for basic species. You just get used to ignoring time wasters.

Yep I get the same all the time. Especially people asking for things different to what is advertised. If I had anything available other than what was advertised it would be in the ad as well.If I place an ad for thicktails for sale why ask if I have a female Amyae? Random.

I also have had a number of people ask if they can have things for free. Usually because they are poor students or have fallen on hard times. I was a student once and know what it is like but I would never have asked so blatantly.
I rarely ever sell anything to people I know reasonably well. I just give it too them but for random strangers to ask for freebies is a bit rude I feel. Most of the people I give things too would be happy to pay and generally offer which I refuse. But to expect something for nothing straight up when I have never had any contact with them before?

And that is not including the poor reverands widow who can arrange shipping to Cameroon!!

Cheers Andrew

re Is

What i used to get if i was selling coastal carpets or beardeds is the,well ime trying to get a license off of DECC and ime waiting and waiting............

I know that its the process that leeds many to give up on starting out on license,they just go buy a cornsnake or something similar and avoid all the fuss and this is killing the marketplace.

so is this what i can look forward to when I start breeding and selling my pythons (3yrs down the track)? Ive heard that it takes much time and patience to weed through the tyre kickers, not to mention the after-sales assistance...

Don't get me started I could dead set write a book.

Im normally pretty patient but lately its wearing thin and im becoming more blunt and rude with them, It doesn't help that i work in retail and deal with the same crap every day, the questions also seem to be getting dumber and dumber, it wouldnt be a problem if people read thoroughly or just plain think before they open thier mouths.

Sounds pretty normal , i get lots of stupid crap too ...
Lost count of the xbox's i've been randomly offered for swaps .
I just don't answer them any more , or those who cant even be bothered to address me properly .... Like these ones " Oi how much is da snake "

I even got a text message the other day from some random guy asking if id like to buy a MD and cage WTH ???

they are all out and about now. I hate the text at one in the morning telling you they will ring tomorrow.
And the other after full discription and pic they still ask for a pic and the age

i had some one email last week asking for a albino burmese as there first snake...***.. i told her nicely 'this is not possiable'.. lol.. the ad was for coastals... & yes to the question 'is this what i can expect when i start breeding?...

haha i was offered power tools last week. or you put something up for sale and people say where did you get it?

Sounds pretty normal , i get lots of stupid crap too ...
Lost count of the xbox's i've been randomly offered for swaps .
I just don't answer them any more , or those who cant even be bothered to address me properly .... Like these ones " Oi how much is da snake "

I even got a text message the other day from some random guy asking if id like to buy a MD and cage WTH ???
Hey Brett, if you've got any of them Xbox's left, do you fancy a swap for a pair of Homicidal Bredli hatcho's.....:lol:

LOL I got a PM on a RC cars forum the other day asking me to pay for his order and he'd give me the money next time I saw him... I had never met him nor did I live in the same state?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back