Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tree

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi if anyone could give me some info on this

i put my female coastal in with a male damond through august and september and they were mating every day

and i saw them mate constantly the girl started to get fat and she shed. I seperated them in october as the male

was statring to look a bit weak.

the problem i have is i read that when she starts to get fat that this only the ovulation stage and she might not be

pregnant is this true and how do u tell when a snake is pregnant ? should i put the male back in ?

thanks for ur help

cheers tyson

Someone may need Taipan-BHP food.......Cheaper than rodents..LOL..MARK

lets just get back on track about his question, there is no need to start a whole mongrel flame suit. But i would think that she would be prego by now?
cheers

It could have been the early stages of ovulation, and you may have missed your chance...

Can I ask why you decided to put the two together for breeding? In some states it is illegal to purposely cross species, and it is generally frowned upon within the reptile community...

Are they the only two snakes you have and you just wanted to have a crack at breeding or...?:?

this is my first go at breeding pythons i have diamond pair but want to save the girl for next year so put the male in with my brothers snake they were goen at it constantly does her shedding mean that she is pregers

this is my first go at breeding pythons i have diamond pair but want to save the girl for next year so put the male in with my brothers snake they were goen at it constantly does her shedding mean that she is pregers

Couldn't you have just waited until next season?

LMAO tonight is full of funny threads.

Would have to agree with you there lol

lets just get back on track about his question, there is no need to start a whole mongrel flame suit. But i would think that she would be prego by now?
cheers

Get off your all high & mighty horse, I was asking a ligit question not flaming them......:evil:

It could be a pre lay shed, but not sure, maybe you could post some pictures of her underbelly and the big guns could come up and give you an answer..... Im not a fan of breeding between species, but it is interesting to see what they look like.

Posting about creating hybrids AND leaving your phone number is madness :D

Had any prank phone calls yesterday?

hope not, good luck getting rid off the offspring if she is,..!!

Pics would be good start if you want to know if she is pregers and if i were you id change my signature quick smart.;)

WOW there really are just some idiots out there:rolleyes: I sure hope they did not breed so we don't end up with more muddy animals in this hobby

I think some people just need to keep snakes as pet (or not at all) and not bother breeding them as they/you have obviously no clue about the animals you have

WOW there really are just some idiots out there:rolleyes: I sure hope they did not breed so we don't end up with more muddy animals in this hobby

I think some people just need to keep snakes as pet (or not at all) and not bother breeding them as they/you have obviously no clue about the animals you have
Unfortunately Lewy the majority of newbys think that breeding reptiles will result in making millions,they dont realise the time involved in hatchies-feeding them-having seperate containers-etc You always hear,how do i breed this or that and the majority havent a clue how to keep a reptile,and one of the first questions they ask,how can i breed this-is this snake old enough etc...Some people need to think hard about what their actually doing,think of the animals welfare for instance...Whats wrong with having a snake as a pet,without any intentions of breeding...I doubt they even think at how long they might need to hold onto them,some hatchies can take 6-12 months to get feeding on a regurlar basis....Thats my 2 cents........I hope she isnt gravid by the way....MARK

excuse my ignorants but doesn't a coastal X diamond produce intergrades which naturally occur in the wild.

excuse my ignorants but doesn't a coastal X diamond produce intergrades which naturally occur in the wild.

Yes snakes do cross paths in there natural ranges, as such, producing natural intergrades.

Throwing a coastal and a diamond together in captivity is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back