Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genetically it's not

Actually it is. You can't just throw for example a Cairns locale carpet in with a Diamond and call it a natural intergrade. Even though its a coastal, its a locale found nowhere near the intergrade zones.

But then you can even argue Port Macs are just another locale of carpet altogether, not necessarily a hybrid or cross or whatever you want to call it.

Actually it is. You can't just throw for example a Cairns locale carpet in with a Diamond and call it a natural intergrade. Even though its a coastal, its a locale found nowhere near the intergrade zones.

But then you can even argue Port Macs are just another locale of carpet altogether, not necessarily a hybrid or cross or whatever you want to call it.

They said it's a Coastal carpet M. spilota mcdowelli x Diamond python M. spilota spilota
Are you telling me that these 2 snakes "natural zone" don't meet?:rolleyes:

thanks for the help

i think some people have a bit of problem with me breeding my snakes but ive had my girl for

5 years she is healthy and well looked after.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the help

i think some people have a bit of problem with me breeding my snakes but ive had my girl for

5 years she is healthy and well looked after and im breeding her and u can kiss my asssssssssss.......

After that post you deserve to be flamed

thanks for the help

5 years she is healthy and well looked after./QUOTE]

Maybe I am wrong but I think its illegal what you are doing so maybe you can kiss the authorities assssssssss to keep your licence LOL

might be the same in NSW?
South Australia
National Parks and Wildlife (Wildlife) Regulations 2001
under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972

19—Cross-breeding
A person must not, without the approval of the Director, permit a protected animal to mate with an animal of another species or sub-species if conception and a live birth may result from the union.

not encouraged eco but perfectly legal in nsw

They said it's a Coastal carpet M. spilota mcdowelli x Diamond python M. spilota spilota
Are you telling me that these 2 snakes "natural zone" don't meet?:rolleyes:

No i'm not saying that, there are alot of different beliefs about Port Macs i'm just putting them out there. But again, only an example, a Cairns locale carpet (even though Mcdowelli) would not breed with a Diamond in the wild.

So to do this in captivity does not make a 'natural intergrade'.

No i'm not saying that, there are alot of different beliefs about Port Macs i'm just putting them out there. But again, only an example, a Cairns locale carpet (even though Mcdowelli) would not breed with a Diamond in the wild.

So to do this in captivity does not make a 'natural intergrade'.

Can you say with 100% certainty that they haven't bred in a wild environment?

thanks for the help

5 years she is healthy and well looked after.QUOTE]

So according to that thread you have learned absolutely stuff all about snakes in 5 years:shock:

What is this hobby coming to. Grow up

You are what is wrong with this hobby, you absolute fool!
It doesn't matter how long you've had your reptile, or how well you look after it... Deciding to throw it in with another subspecies and see what the result is, is simply irresponsible.
Even when it is legalised in all states, it will remain frowned upon by most keepers.

With your attitude, you're probably likely to sell the offspring as 'coastals' and muddy the bloodlines by not informing fellow hobbyists of what they are purchasing. But that's okay... At least you'll be able to call yourself a "BREEDER" like so many of the other fools out there.

You'll notice my first post in this thread was restrained, giving you the opportunity to discuss your reasoning... but you opened your mouth and removed all doubt that you are a moron, so enjoy the flaming!

i was out of line in my last post didnt mean anthing by it but i am not out to anyhting mallthous and am not doing breeding my snakes to make some cash.

for all u dudes getting all hyped up about this issue save ur bloody insults for some one who could give !

i was out of line in my last post didnt mean anthing by it but i am not out to anyhting mallthous and am not doing breeding my snakes to make some cash.

for all u dudes getting all hyped up about this issue save ur bloody insults for some one who could give f#*!

I cannot see how your last post was any different to this one? :(

Far out mate you gotta wake up and smell the coffee everyones telln you that putting those two speacies togeather was a bad idea for a reason!Sory but i hope she not pregnant.

He obviously doesnt care what anyone is saying and by his replies he'd just go and do it again. And he definately doesnt sound as though he is remorseful for any of his RUDE comments.

For all those people swearing their heads off, after reading this thread I've been thinking similiar things, however theres no point in insulting him as that will only be adding fuel to the fire and causing arguments.

Theres about a million threads on here about why NOT to hybridize, perhaps you should take a squizz at some tree??

i don't know why people do. i'd rather just have a sweet "pure" line with a beautiful pattern and a decent healthy body.

simple reading anything on the net, let alone a book, would tell you it's illegal and/or misguided in a number of states, and there could be dire consequences for the offspring. or they could be fine, but if you're going to sell them, you'd have to let the buyers know. morally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back