Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astrobeka

Reaction score
i have a blonde maccy, 5-6 months old, 42 cm. she hasn't emptied her stomach since 21st may, but she's been eating really well. also, she hasn't bit me yet.... is that right?

Hi astrobeka,
I wouldn't be too concerned about your snake having not passed a motion, as long as it looks healthy and is otherwise fine, snakes can sometimes particularly when young hold onto alot of faeces and then go.
Of course you do have to think of constipation and other things, but I bet it is something simple.
I reckon it is probably coming upto a shed, as they normally save a ton up, so when your snake has shed, get the shovel ready, or maybe a table spoon in your snakes case!

As for the biting, you should consider yourself lucky, although they aren't that bad a species for biting, not like the Scrubs I used to keep!

Keep us informed if your still worried, but I reckon that's the reason.

Regards,
NCHERPS

It took my Bredl 2 weeks to pass a motion. That is not as long as four weeks I know, But i still wouldn't be too worried.

I dont know if this is helpful, just a thought really. I have noticed when you go to sex a snake with a probe, they almost always do a poopie if they have one thats close to coming out.I dont think they like to be touch ed done there. DO NOT PROBE IF YOU ARENT EXPERIENCED THOUGH. It was more of a thought thats all.

cheers
mark

storm

of course that's her. that's a pic i took tonite, trying to get some good ones so i can make a web page of her.

And of course you'll host her page on APS new server won't you ?

I wouldn't worry too much yet about them not getting a motion passed. When my Bredl's were younger they couldn't even get one seconded :)

Just my opinion, and what do I know? - Not much, but I'll chuck in my two cents anyway...

My little blond is about 6-7 months, and poops pretty much every week, and always has. I always wait for her to defecate before I feed her another meal.
I would be giving her a warm bath to perhaps help her along. Remember not too hot, and make sure the water is not too deep for her.

I've heard pythons can take ages to 'recycle', so it could well be nothing to worry about, still, I'd be a little concerned - not in a panic or anything, but a little concerned.

well, she's still regularly expelling uric acid, and drinking water, and acting normal, but i'm trying the bath thing. thanks for all your help everyone.

Hehe I know what uric acid is,but snakes dont urinate!
They release uric acid in a semi solid slurry with thier feaces.

Hey,
Is it always deposited with their faeces, as I am always picking up Urine Scats but a lot of the time their is no faeces present.
Cheers

i have found that every time there is some uric scats there is always some feces right next to it or not far away. in my limited experiance they always urinate when they have a poo.

cheers
charles

OK THAT IS IT!!! I am no longer going to use sand as a substrate, I wonder how much poo is in the substrate now :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back