Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think it was christmas if $1800 covered my power bill for a whole year.

Wow, I live in sydney with my partner and 4 kids and our electricity/gas bill is under $1600 a year about $400 a 1/4.

Wow, I live in sydney with my partner and 4 kids and our electricity/gas bill is under $1600 a year about $400 a 1/4.

Wow, do you burn candles? I pay more than that in the tropics (no heating here).

I suppose it depends upon what perameter make a healthy hobby?
Increasing numbers of reptiles in captivity. Pass
Increasing variety of reptiles in captivity. Pass
Increasing number of reptile keepers. Pass
Increasing numbers of members on Reptile forums. Pass
increasing numbers of reptiles bred in captivity.

Number of members and people visiting our site increasing each year. This year we have more than 30% increase.

You know I was actually thinking about this particular topic the other day, I blame it on the rising prices of electricity bills, taxes and other expenses - everybody is so busy trying to pay off mortgages already - but they have all these added things getting even more expensive, how are they supposed to afford to continue with the hobby?
Hell, it's up to $1800 a year in energy alone now, and it keeps getting higher! before we know it most people will be homeless and simply having a refridgerator would be considered a high privelage.
This is just my personal theory. It's sad that the world is shooting itself in the foot like this, maybe one day we'll have some politicians who actually give a crap about the average Australian family.

we have to pay big $ if we want to be green. At the moment we are green as green tree frogs. To fallow green ideology is so romantic and full of greatness, till you find up that necessity of life double the price. Just wait till carbon tax kick in.

I am paying $1950 only per quarter. that is the reason I am reducing number of reptiles right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back