is this click-clack / viv setup ok????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thanx....

just another thing... is the click clack ok where i have it situated... like theres the heat matt, then a tile, then the vivarium, then in the viv. a light layer of sand, then the click clack on top so its half on the heat matt and half off and under the heat light of the viv. and near the uv light from the viv.. ?? is that location ok???

So u have the click clack on the floor of the viv, the viv on a tile and the tile on the heat mat? Is any heat getting through?
Personally I would put 1/3 of the click clack straight on top of the heatmat with the probe controlling the thermostat of the floor of the click clack at the hot end. Also a probe thermometer to see how hot the floor at the hot end is. That's all I would have. No extra heat from above as you do now. Too much paper or sand the heat won't get to ur snake. They lay on the warm floor getting belly heat. Once he's warm enough he'll go into his hide or climb his branch. After eating they often stay on the warm part while they digest.

well i just "stripped" the click clack u lol... where the hot spot was it was hot lol.. he was in his hot hide... anyhow...

the click clack is now as follows... still in the same position, as the heat was getting through fine still... i took the sand out and replaced with newspaper... still got the water bowl, and 2ish hides as u will see in the photo below, i have a butter container as 1 on the hot side and a toilet roll stuck to an old iced coffee container with a bit of sand in it which is click clack simple.jpgon both the hot and cold ends... um a few branches... and yes there is some rocks still BUT that is just to hold the hides in place...

is this ok now?

click clack simple (1).jpg

lol yeah well lets hope so... hope it gets him eating regularly...

how long should i keep him in this new click clack setup??? and when i change setups do i put him back into the original 1 or just upsize the click clack until he an adult??

For your heat mat to still be creating a hot spot through all that, I hope you have decent fire insurance!

interesting set up its a snake not a gold fish they dont need all the fancy decorations a water bowl some hides a stick to climb on and heat sorce and there happy enough all the extra stuff in there will just cause your snake stress

to much stuff in there for him. he would feel cramped. my two babies are in a click clack like that with only paper towel and their water dish. seperate containers for them and both eat every feed and have shed great. if they want to hide they go under the paper. try this and see how you go

interesting set up its a snake not a gold fish they dont need all the fancy decorations a water bowl some hides a stick to climb on and heat sorce and there happy enough all the extra stuff in there will just cause your snake stress

ive taken the extras out... they just make it more interesting to look at is all...

Yeah but the temp of the actual mat must be really high. Unless all the heat is from the light. People have had mats burn before.

Perhaps everyone can just back it up for a bit...... as long as the basic requirements are being met i.e temps are right and the python isn't going to injure itself on anything it really doesn't matter about decorations. This rubbish about the snake being stressed out by a few gawdy colored rocks is laughable.

Maybe put it all in a fish tank if you want 'interesting to look at'!

Perhaps everyone can just back it up for a bit...... as long as the basic requirements are being met i.e temps are right and the python isn't going to injure itself on anything it really doesn't matter about decorations. This rubbish about the snake being stressed out by a few gawdy colored rocks is laughable.

thank u..

Agree with you there Wally. My main concern was the heat mat providing belly heat through all that crap. And that they could be cold whicj would be incomfortable for him if he just ate. Did you read how many layers are on top of it?

Yes I did Snowman and I would implore bredli_python to look at some of those links and do a little more research on husbandry requirements. Just thought some of the statements made were a bit over the top to be honest.

ok here is some info... this is the brands or whatever or the heating and uv...

heat matt = URS Ultimate Heat Mat - size, medium 20cm x 35cm... power, 20watts @ 230 volts... CE certified...

thermostst = VIVARIUM THERMOSTAT, microclimate international temperature control system... ministat 300, on/off thermostat...

heat light = Heat Glo, infrared heat lamp, 75watt...

uv light = compact max globe 5.0

hope that helps... just found the boxes so thought id add this...

You should take out any sticky tape thats in there. sticky tape is never good around snakes. they can easily get stuck on there and rip out their scales. just have that butter hide and a toilet roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back