is this click-clack / viv setup ok????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So u have the click clack on the floor of the viv, the viv on a tile and the tile on the heat mat? Is any heat getting through?
Personally I would put 1/3 of the click clack straight on top of the heatmat with the probe controlling the thermostat of the floor of the click clack at the hot end. Also a probe thermometer to see how hot the floor at the hot end is. That's all I would have. No extra heat from above as you do now. Too much paper or sand the heat won't get to ur snake. They lay on the warm floor getting belly heat. Once he's warm enough he'll go into his hide or climb his branch. After eating they often stay on the warm part while they digest.

This is good advice. You want a temp range of say 24deg cool end and 32deg hot end. A good thermometer is a must do not rely on what you set your thermostat at.

there aint any sharp edges i smoothed everything off :)

also... should i still feed him in a seperate click clack like the ice cream container with news paper? or can i feed him in the click clack i have him in now? ill leave him as he is with his setup how it is till the weekend then try feeding him agian...

You can feed in the click clack but lets get the basics right before that. If the environment isn't right they wont eat anyway. :)

here is my clickclack setup for my 7 month old NT woma, hide on the left ontop of heatmat, hide on the right on cool end with water bowl and paper towel. and couple pics of her looking at me thinking *** am i doing lol

yeah the thermastat does control both the heat light, and heat mat aswell as the uv light... and the probe is just above the heated side mat on left u can see it in the last lot of photos...

u shouldnt need the heat light at all if the heat mat is generating enough heat as the heat lamp could be warming up alot more then just the hot spot. also how is the UV light running off the thermostat? it does not put off any heat so it is not needed.

Attachments

• clickclack2.jpg
    clickclack2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 72
  • clickclack1.jpg
    clickclack1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 80
  • clickclack3.jpg
    clickclack3.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 67
  • clickclack4.jpg
    clickclack4.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 59
here is my clickclack setup for my 7 month old NT woma, hide on the left ontop of heatmat, hide on the right on cool end with water bowl and paper towel. and couple pics of her looking at me thinking *** am i doing lol

u shouldnt need the heat light at all if the heat mat is generating enough heat as the heat lamp could be warming up alot more then just the hot spot. also how is the UV light running off the thermostat? it does not put off any heat so it is not needed.

hm, ok... the uv light is just for winter...

Why would it need more uv in winter? Snakes need more heat in winter (if you're not cooling), not more uv :)

yeah he has more heat... just uv during the day...

and FEEDING SUCCESS!!!! =) just fed him in his new click clack setup... was sooo amazingly awesome to watch hehehe (1st time seeing a snake eat cause last time i couldnt see him as i had him in an ice cream container to eat... anyhow glad he ate, it had almost been another 3weeks since he ate!! just hoping he eats regularly now i have him in a smaller setup n less decoration lol...

Congratulations bredli_python, It`s good that he ate in his click clack and even better that you got to see it.
I love watching snakes eat, its really facinating Imo.

Good news bredli_python. It can be enormously satisfying when things are going right.

yeah he has more heat... just uv during the day...

and FEEDING SUCCESS!!!! =) just fed him in his new click clack setup... was sooo amazingly awesome to watch hehehe (1st time seeing a snake eat cause last time i couldnt see him as i had him in an ice cream container to eat... anyhow glad he ate, it had almost been another 3weeks since he ate!! just hoping he eats regularly now i have him in a smaller setup n less decoration lol...
id give it another feed monday , congrats on geting it to feed .

if the lump has gone from his belly by monday a small feed may be ok on monday since he hasnt eaten in a while but after that feed leave it for 7days till you feed again. im guessing thats what zoojas ment.

tried feeding him the mouse, but he wasnt interested so ill just leave it till friday...

by the way; he is now about 60cm long and weighs 44 grams... is thats ok/normal? any idea how old that would make him? (when i got him on 29th june they said he was 3months old, but when i looked at him a few days before someone said he was 8months old.. so he would be 5months or 10months...) im thinking he is prob 5-6months??

interesting set up its a snake not a gold fish they dont need all the fancy decorations a water bowl some hides a stick to climb on and heat sorce and there happy enough all the extra stuff in there will just cause your snake stress

Goldfish don't need all the "fancy decorations" either, it's merely there for the asthetic pleasure of humans..

I do agree it was a bit cluttered to begin with, but looks great now.. Don't see why so many people had to be so rude in their responses though??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back