Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moreliainsanity

Reaction score
Hello herpers,

It's been a while now(few years) of people speculating and assuming that Jags made it here downunder, Finally seen a few in flesh(thanks for a mate who took me to another herpers place) Camera was not allowed:) fair enough.so sorry no pics;)

I got the impression that this Morphs have a neuro condition and apparently according to the breeder himself that he's seen majority of jags that he knows of are affected by such condition. they look different for sure but for what it's worth, would you keep jags when they come available? Even though they have this so called problem(defect)

I went with my mate as i have been always intrigue by this morph (interested) but after seeing a beautiful animal that's not quite right I have change my opinion. The breeder still breeds them even though he's aware that they have a huge chance of hatching defected animals(which I don't think it's right) they can apparently hatch out without a problem and
can grow normal and bang just gets triggered and neuro starts.

He also mentioned of a few overseas breeders that end up freezing clutches that showed extreme neuro as soon as they have hatch. I also been told that there's a few clutches hitting the market this seasonhere in Oz . Now they are a nice animals but would you take the chance in owning some even though you know what risk awaits? would you part with your hard earned cash to own jags or rather enjoy looking at them pics on the net instead of owning some and end up with disappointment.

No Flamers please, Just an open discussion:D

Leigh

Oh with all the spy camera's today could you of not got us some picture's :lol:

can you go into detail with the neuro condition?
I know of one that is meant to be a stunner but can't stop bobing it's head, is that what you are talking about? It is a pitty being that they are such a sought after morph.

can you go into detail with the neuro condition?
I know of one that is meant to be a stunner but can't stop bobing it's head, is that what you are talking about? It is a pitty being that they are such a sought after morph.

Yeah that 's it, so would you keep some even though you know the risk involve?

does it effect them in any way. I know it seems crule but what proofe is there that it is. Not sure if iI'd keep them but I'm not a fan of carpet pythons. Don't mind the look of albino's and some of the jungles getting around but I am mostly bored with carpets. I would have to see one in the flesh and keep one to decide how I feel about them. So I guess that means I would keep one, as a trial.

so one Jag bobs its head and suddenly they all have Neuro conditions :?

Not sure where Moreliainsanity is from but I highly doubt we are talking about the same Jag. On top of that he is going off what he has seen from a breeder so I am guessing he saw more then just one or he wouldn't be asking the question.

Would i take the risk? No i wouldn't... in fact i wouldn't even start a thread stating i know where some are being kept (if i did, which i don't), customs would be very interested in that information. This is not like the GTP situation at all so don't be fooled into thinking "once they're here, we're in the clear"; customs will go after anyone who has Jags and they will nail them too. Good luck to anyone trying to sell any this year, you must be either very stupid or very brave.

Would i take the risk? No i wouldn't... in fact i wouldn't even start a thread stating i know where some are being kept (if i did, which i don't), customs would be very interested in that information. This is not like the GTP situation at all so don't be fooled into thinking "once they're here, we're in the clear"; customs will go after anyone who has Jags and they will nail them too. Good luck to anyone trying to sell any this year, you must be either very stupid or very brave.

which is why anyone who has any should send me a pm instead of advertising on a for sale section so that they dont get busted by customs and i can finally own one of these beauties!!!!!!!

haven't people been going to a lot of trouble to breed jags in australia? Or at least Jag imitations?

Hi Mr. Bredli,

Would you like me to read my post to you or do you want to read it slowly, I'm not very stupid or very brave, maybe you are for answering so quick without even analysing which side of the fence i'm on, what legal issues am i facing for starting a thread????

disaterpiece 7.0,
I cannot answer your question but i'm sure there's some infos about them.

Leigh

its a known fact that some jags will have or get probs, there are long threads on them on american forums etc. not all of them have the probs and from what i hear breeding a jag with the probs doesnt pass it on, its random as far as im aware.

i don't), customs would be very interested in that information. This is not like the GTP situation at all so don't be fooled into thinking "once they're here, we're in the clear"; customs will go after anyone who has Jags and they will nail them too. .

Mr. Bredli,

Me again:D:D I am having a nightmare being inside a Interogation room, Bright light onto me, sorrounded by big men on suits getting bashed with a phone book asking" who keep Jags, Tell us or we are going after your family too:(:( you have to tell us where you seen Jags!!!!!

Leigh

Me again
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
I am having a nightmare being inside a Interogation room, Bright light onto me, sorrounded by big men on suits getting bashed with a phone book asking" who keep Jags, Tell us or we are going after your family too
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif
you have to tell us where you seen Jags!!!!!

LOFL:lol::lol:

Just wondering if your friends friend is comfortable about you talking about his/her illegal animals on an open forum?

Just my opinion but I think your asking for trouble.

As for Neuro issues, click on over to Reptile Radio and have a listen to what the some of the major carpet breeders in the states have to say. Seems like theres only a small percentage of animals with neuro issues. But, generally when one inbreeds the **** out of any species your gonna some side effects.

Hi Mr. Bredli,

Would you like me to read my post to you or do you want to read it slowly, I'm not very stupid or very brave, maybe you are for answering so quick without even analysing which side of the fence i'm on, what legal issues am i facing for starting a thread????

disaterpiece 7.0,
I cannot answer your question but i'm sure there's some infos about them.

Leigh

Maybe you need to read my post again, and then you can point out to me where i said you had, or intend on selling, any Jags??? :rolleyes:

All i say to you is that i would not be advertising the fact you know where Jags are being held - i'm sure the owner of the snakes will be very impressed with you, particularly if he ends up getting busted!

i think that the gtp situation just gives the green light to smugglers, if customs and npws couldn't care about all the gtp's smuggled in over the last 5 years, then i'm sure they won't care about a few mutant carpets that they can't prove were smuggled in. stop the scare campaigns, it's open slather when it comes to customs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back