Jungle Carpet Python Cage Sizes ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMP97

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, Im getting a jungle carpet python tomorrow and its cage is 4ft by 2ft by 2ft. Is this big enough for its hole life ?.
Thanks in Advance.
:D Tom.,

hey tom, my understanding for jungles (because they like climbing) is height as tall as snake is long, width is half length of snake and depth at least 1/3 of snake.......ur jungle should grow to about 1.8m......but if snake is yng a small cage will do.

depends on the type of jungle you have, from my understanding palmerstones grow to around 5 foot whereas athertons grow to over 8 foot,...feel free to correct me if im wrong anyone,... :p

make sure the heat source is covered with a mesh cage so it doesnt burn itself. :)

how old is it at the moment?

It basically comes down to opinion, but I believe the jungle would be fine in an enclosure that size. It is probably a good size for most forms of Jungle Carpet Python.

the best thing about jungles are that the prefer the standing tanks so they can climb and it save a hell of a lot off room

if you want to make one cheap and easy.

gut out an old cupboard get some-

perspex
light sockets.
thermostat
heat lights
wire. cover light so snake doesn't burn him/herself

can easily get wood and plants for snake to climb on.
what im going to be doing when i get a bit of money.

one square foot for every foot in length of the snake has been what i have read in a fair few places

but make sure you put stuff to climb on my jungle loves to climb on everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back