Jungle hatchie calm as calm can be?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow

Reaction score
Hey I recently bought a jungle carpet python hatchling she never strikes is really calm and easy to handle the hardest part is slowly coaxing her off her branches when I Handel her she eats fine never had a problem she's only 2 an a half months old just wondering if some snakes are just docile or really placid I thought that jungles were really feisty? as mine seems like a darling but is this cause by some sort of underlying health problem she looks healthy sheds fine just curious as to why she is so calm
anyone have any ideas?

thanks

your just lucky, im sure its fine. as long as its eating and poopingand shedding, there should be nothing to worry about.

From what I've seen and read its usually the case that a sick snake is defensive and cranky not the opposite

All good, it's because you are from Nth NSW it just makes us all calm and easy to handle (well most of us), enjoy it don't obsess about it, you are lucky to have 1 like that..................Ron

lucky as can be.. i have a pygmy stimi who is so so placid.. they have a little bit of a reputation of being snappy. makes me love her more.. :)

it might be a bit special lol i tease my girlfriend because her coastal is so placid compared to mine its not funny. I told her hers must be retarded lol i am joking of course :lol: truth is im just jelous! i wouldnt stress , just enjoy :)

Hey I recently bought a jungle carpet python hatchling she never strikes is really calm and easy to handle the hardest part is slowly coaxing her off her branches when I Handel her she eats fine never had a problem she's only 2 an a half months old just wondering if some snakes are just docile or really placid I thought that jungles were really feisty? as mine seems like a darling but is this cause by some sort of underlying health problem she looks healthy sheds fine just curious as to why she is so calm
anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Now that you've said how placid s/he is, get ready for the bloodbath..... Kidding...

From what I've seen and read its usually the case that a sick snake is defensive and cranky not the opposite

Must have had my share of very sick snakes in the past then:), seriously though if its eating and doing everything else it should just count your blessings.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Any species can be feisty, and any can be calm as well.
I have owned 6 Jungles from hatchies and only 1 of them was feisty, even then it was only cage defensive.

my jungle is pretty good now but wen i first got him he was very snappy. but i still watch myself because at times he bluffs still but one day i reckon he will get me.

the craziest pythons i have ever owned have been 2 hatchie bredli's and some yearling coastals they were nuts. and just wanted to bite me.

Hey wow, same here.
My gf and I have a 3 and a half month old jungle python and he has never bitten or struck anybody. We can be watching T.V. and he just sits on us for a while and climbs over our shoulders, it's amazing. We were both really nervous when we first got him because of what we heard about them being fiesty. He has never missed a feeding, poops, and had a healthy shed. Everything's awesome. We are so lucky =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back