Jungle Python Skin Condition

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorryboss

Reaction score
Jungle pythons skin is looking very dry and just not right some scales seem damaged and the scales are not lying flat like on my spotted python. his scales have no shine to them he is very matte.

Here is his information

Temps:30 up top, 25 down the bottom
Humidity:50-60% sometimes drops to 30-40%
Enclosure Size: 60x60x90
Feeding: Feeds well on 1 small rat a week

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some photos of him

As you can see there is a couple of shiny spots, those are the spots that look damaged to me

Last edited:
From the photos, the snake looks perfectly healthy. I can see no evidence of damage anywhere. Snakes don't have a hard shine, they have a matte sheen, especially when they've just shed. The shiny spots on some of the scales are probably from handling or some other activity, where the snake has taken on a bit of oil from your hands or some other item it has come into contact with. Sometimes the scales stick out where they've been bent by the way the snake coils. This resolves itself in minutes. You are worrying about nothing.

Jamie

Looks normal to me. There can be some minor scale damage caused by regular wear and tear. If he looks duller than usual he could be getting ready to shed. Worn scales will come off with the shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back