Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiifty

Not so new Member
Reaction score
mine says im only allowed to keep 2 reptiles but i see peoples collections with far more then two could anyone explain that please?
im pretty sure i have the basic rec qld license.

i have the same licence and basically no vens, 2 restricted and go nuts with any unrestricted reps

Mate, DERM has got a web site that explains EVERYTHING. Wouldn't it be better to get a direct information from the authority rather than from someone who "thinks" this and that?

any rare,vunerable endangered or elapids.

There is no "Rare" status in Qld any more.

See what I mean by ..... above?

186 Abolition of class of rare wildlife
After section 78A expires—
(a) the class of rare wildlife is abolished; and
(b) a reference in an Act or document to rare wildlife is, if
the context permits, redundant.

Regardless wether the word Rare has been abolished at the end of the day a Basic rep licence cannot keep anything endangered.

that derm website is a maze!

Really? There is a search function. Type in RECREATIONAL WILDLIFE LICENCE CONDITIONS and see what happens. Do you get everything served on a silver platter?

186 Abolition of class of rare wildlife
After section 78A expires—
(a) the class of rare wildlife is abolished; and
(b) a reference in an Act or document to rare wildlife is, if
the context permits, redundant.

Regardless wether the word Rare has been abolished at the end of the day a Basic rep licence cannot keep anything endangered.

Endangered? What about "Near Threatened" and "Vulnerable"?

okay from what ive gathered restricted snakes are ya womas, green tree pythons, rough scaled pythons and oenpelli pythons

If you find the website a maze,email them with some questions.They are happy to help and you will get the correct answers you seek.

Waterrat, the act was only changed in may this year and thats why i wasnt aware of the changes. Even Ecoaccess wouldnt know that, and thats because this is what happens when stuff like this is taken away from the Parks and wildlife service, which i might add was great in the 90's to deal with!

And just to point out, Rsp's are not considered as a restricted reptile as they are not endemic to Qld.
This i beleive is the case for all species not endemic to Qld aswell. Woma's for example still require a restricted licence.

Mate, all good, I am not going to argue, I was just trying to get the message across to Swiifty that it's best to get the correct and up to date info from the right source. APS is not it.

I am glad someone asked the question, I have two snakes and would like more. However, I was unsure how many I could get and so on.

Swifty what is it that you are actually wanting to get?

Your license has a class on it, if you need to I can send you the link that shows you what class license you need for each reptile (we have just upgraded one of ours to keep GTP's for instance).

Morgan_dragon, here in queensland - there is a basic recreational Wildlife Lic and then you can upgrade to keep certain restricted animals...the only other licenses is for keeping vens and then the commercial lic for pet shops.....there is no actual CLASS here in QLD... and I think you will find Swifty is in QLD not NSW...

ta
Paula

In fact, there are no separate licences for any of those categories mentioned above except for commercial. You get Recreational Wildlife Licence (reptiles & frogs) and if you "upgrade" to keep restricted and/or vens, all you get is an amendment in your Rec. Licence in a form of a letter. NO NEW, SEPARATE LICENCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back