Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats terrible mate, but at least they didn't take anything else. Hope you get your snake back

I came home today at about 10:30am to find 2 people in my house robbing me. Once they noticed I was in the house, they grabbed my favorite snake (my first Rough Scaled Python) and my 13 baby scorpions, they had my Spencers monitor in a container ready to go, but they left her.

The police found out they were local, but so far have no evidence they did it. They are checking security cameras from the shops they went to (trying to sell the scorpions), to verify it was them.

Id assume the fingerprints of these low scum would be on the container they had the spencers monitor in? and probably also on the glass doors of the enclosure etc? And the police obviously have suspects? and know who these people are? Probably a good chance these scum have records for previous B&E etc so their prints would be on record and matching the prints at your place to these scum's prints should be relatively easy.

so sorry to hear this RSPcrazy and hope you get the safe return of your animals.

I dont know if this is actually legal so Id check it out before thinking about it.. You know all those reward for return of lost dog or whatever posters you see around the neighbourhood.. wonder if its legal to offer a reward for the names and addresses of these scumbags and post them around the local area. Im sure these theives dirt bag mates would give them up in a second for some reward money to buy drugs.. so if this is allowed Id put a reward out for these theives (dont use the word bounty though) and see what turns up.. then you may get the chance to get your animals back and also teach these scum a lesson in respect

Unlucky in one way, but very lucky you didn't become a violence statistic - lots of people who interrupt thieves come off very badly indeed, even a couple of deaths in NSW this year.

Very bad news indeed.

Jamie

all right ill let all my mates and family know in the area if they find out who they are ill let you know im prity sure every 1 on here not only me would like 2 go 2 there house with ya and teach the 2 dogs a lesson

be carefull

Unlucky in one way, but very lucky you didn't become a violence statistic - lots of people who interrupt thieves come off very badly indeed, even a couple of deaths in NSW this year.

Very bad news indeed.
Very true , a few years ago the owner of Swan dips was at a family dinner at a restaurant when he went to the car park , found someone breaking into his car and was stabbed to death .

Thats horrible mate, really is. people dont understand how hard it is losing a animal. you should put a wanted to buy add in the local rag for a python in your area. see if you get any bites? good luck.

What a horrible thing to come home to, thank goodness you're alright. Really do hope the thieving scum are caught or at the very least taught a good lesson!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats terrible, but as some have already mentioned, lucky for you that you were not hurt. I do hope you have some luck getting your 'mate' back, i would be so lost if ANY of my pets were stolen! I also hope these scum bags dont come back to finish what they started.......its a shame to think you will now have to live with this in the back of your mind each & everytime you want to leave your own home! A VERY low act for the two involved, i hope they are caught, & punished!

i inturupted a thief at my house one night, he panicked and pulled a knife on me. I came away bloody and i would hate
to think what would have been the result if i didn't have 11yrs of medieval weapons training, so you are lucky that wasn't a similar situation for you. Having said that i hope you get your animals back ok and these guys are punished. Thieves are scum, anything worthwhile in this world should be earned not taken.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for any reptiles that these thiefs are trying to sell. I'm a local also at South windsor ive had my neighbour stop a break and enter into my house only a few days ago. I would hate to come home with my 2yr to find scumb bags in my house trying to steal my babies.
I really do hope the police can catch these scumb bags or even better the local reptile community catching them ourselves and ringing their necks.

That really sucks, i have had some strange people come to buy snakes, i bought a cheap spy camera motion activated, it has a card to stick in computer to view. bit late now but when you have 1000s dollars of snakes its worth spending the cash,or if u live on the gold coast get a big gun instead. hope they get caught,,

Id assume the fingerprints of these low scum would be on the container they had the spencers monitor in? and probably also on the glass doors of the enclosure etc? And the police obviously have suspects? and know who these people are? Probably a good chance these scum have records for previous B&E etc so their prints would be on record and matching the prints at your place to these scum's prints should be relatively easy.

so sorry to hear this RSPcrazy and hope you get the safe return of your animals.

I dont know if this is actually legal so Id check it out before thinking about it.. You know all those reward for return of lost dog or whatever posters you see around the neighbourhood.. wonder if its legal to offer a reward for the names and addresses of these scumbags and post them around the local area. Im sure these theives dirt bag mates would give them up in a second for some reward money to buy drugs.. so if this is allowed Id put a reward out for these theives (dont use the word bounty though) and see what turns up.. then you may get the chance to get your animals back and also teach these scum a lesson in respect

I wish that you & I had have been there Colin,Maybe I should refrase & say I.
I reckon that we would have given the scum bags something to deal with & them asked them for the property back.
Cheers

There is no place for thugs or thieves.

Last edited:
I'm up in the blue mountains & will definately be keeping an eye open for you, hope you get them back mate.

mate that sucks !!! im a d.j on the local radio station in windsor if you like pm me i'll give you the phone number and i'll put you on air to let people know..im on tomorrow morning 5.30-8.30 and again thursday morning

i know wat ur going thru RSP. lets hope the police have more luck at your place then wat they did at mine. hopefully u get your snake back
keep your chin up mate
tim

Thieving rats! I detest, loathe and hate people who take what isn't theirs. I hope for the safe return of your RSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back