Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

childreni_440

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've decided to get myself a freshwater crocodile in the near future. Im having all sorts of problems finding care sheets etc on them if anyone has any info could they please let me know. Ive done a search on this site and couldnt find any old post.

For all you people with croc's already this is what i was going to do.... 6FT x 2FT x 2FT tank with a 2FT x 2FT platform dry area. I was going to have the water heated and have a 4ft fluro globe over the tank. Do they need a hot spot ie basking lamp? and it would be a huge help if people could post pics of thier croc tanks

Cheers Rhys

really have no idea, but the gully reptile centre in adelaide have a croc setup instore simmilar to what your saying, and they have a basking light in there, so i dont know if they need it, but reptile shop near me has one in there.... hope someone on here can clarify this for you....

Roy Pails has one and maybe he can help with any info you may need.. :)

iv seen a few setups with them and they all had basking lights on the dry area they do spend alot of time out of the water to so i guess they would need one

:shock: Holy duly. Now you're really playing with nature's roughest . Good luck
Kathy :)

Sounds similar to what a bloke I met has. I cannot help with the conditions for the animal except that australia reptile zoo (Irwin's) has water temps at 28C.

Have a backyard ready for it though.

yeah i have heaps of room i live on a 20acre farm so space aint the issuse. thanks for all the replys keep them coming.

fresh water arnt normaly agressive but salties are i know that

man its funny how different these states operate in regards to animals and reptiles ect

Yes it's ridiculous. I want a freshwater croc and they are found in this State and I have kept Caimans before but I can't have one. I can have a Perentie or Lace monitor but not a freshwater crocodile, can someone tell me how that makes any sense at all ?

josho said:
man its funny how different these states operate in regards to animals and reptiles ect

Yep it sux. Down in Vic. you guys can't own vicious, human eating, highly venomous, plague inducing Rough knob tailed geckos (N. amyae) but Salt Water Crocs.... no worries (?!)

yeah its got me stuffed and somebody was telling me that in QLD they cant have pet rabits or ferets

Don't even try to make any sense out of what is and what isn't included on the various States list of accepted species.
I have several friends in Victoria with freshwater crocs but I can keep one in my backyard because of our good weather but I'm not allowed. I know in Victoria you can ask to have a species included on the schedule, how does that work up here ?

I think the upside outweighs the downside but there are some weird things up here. No rabbits and ferrets, weird.

josho said:
yeah its got me stuffed and somebody was telling me that in QLD they cant have pet rabits or ferets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back