Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rhys
We have keeped & sold Freshies before they are easy.
Send me your email adress & I will send you a heap of info on keeping crocks.
They are in word files.

Jason

Dont be fooled that freshies are friendlier than salties. I have kept a crap load over the years and the nastiest one was a freshy! Just get what ever you want. Clean water, 28c temperature, room to get out and dry off and a basking light is good too. Go for one of those purple ones so you can leave it on all the time.

I know in Victoria you can ask to have a species included on the schedule

Boa how does this work and what are the chances of them letting you keeping animals of the schedule? i havnt heard of this before and it opens up plenty of possibilities!?!

Basically from what I understand you are able to ask for a species to be considered to be added to the schedule, it's obviously no guarantee of anything but they do add species every now and then.

do these species that get added go onto the updated schedule or are they left off and only kept by those who asked?

Hatchlings can be very sensative. Go the rain water if you can. Stay off the live food to if you can avoid it. Feed it off on pinkies. If you go for meat you have to put calcium powder and stuff on it.

i want a aligator hehehe there the friendly ones the guy up at gosford kisses his hehehe

yeah rain water will be easyist for me. Now are there any reputable people to buy from and what age do you recomend? and how long will a 6x2x2 last approx?

boa said:
I know in Victoria you can ask to have a species included on the schedule,

Don't know who you've been speaking to but they're kind of over simplifying things. Yes, you can ask but there's an extreamly good chance you ain't getting it. There's some fairly high ranking Victorian Herpetologists that have been trying to get certain Nephrurus, Varanus and Pseudechis species onto the schedule. They have even suggested swapping these animals for stuff already on the schedule. And to date, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I didn't say the animals would be added I said it is possible in Victoria to ask to have a species added to the schedule.

elapid68 said:
boa said:
I know in Victoria you can ask to have a species included on the schedule,

Don't know who you've been speaking to but they're kind of over simplifying things. Yes, you can ask but there's an extreamly good chance you ain't getting it. There's some fairly high ranking Victorian Herpetologists that have been trying to get certain Nephrurus, Varanus and Pseudechis species onto the schedule. They have even suggested swapping these animals for stuff already on the schedule. And to date, it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Yes you can Pyror, but you will need a exibitors Lic from the Ag Dept. You can keep both types and salties are generally calmer than the freshies (Less nervous) they are quite cheap to purchase, roughly $200 bucks, but the Lic to keep them isn't cheap.and when they get to big they make a nice pair of boots!

Yeh freshies in captivity get small man/croc syndrome and tend to be more snappier than salties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back