Keeping Lacies indoors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking price was $3500 for the two i believe. Does that help in making your decision? :lol:

Hi folks, its peter of the canberra exotic pets fame. usually i sit by and watch the chatter but i feel i have to wade into this one.
To answer the original question that sparked this topic.... Yes lacies can be kept indoors but as they grow bigger they will take over your house. Im sorry that deathinfire got the wrong impression about the enclosure I have mine on display in. It really is to small for permanent housing. I only have her in there to be close to me during the day over winter. What you see when you come to my establishment is only 1 3rd of the animals and enclosures. Most importantly though , as with any reptile ,she (Elvira) has plenty of room to streach out and thermal regulate . with all of the people coming through and attention, she also gets lots of mental stimulation. Thats what its all about.

Thanks for the people who stood up for me and explained the situation ,much appreciated. I really take comments on this site to heart.

To answer the other question , even though lace monitors are local to the reagion of canberra ,in a confined space , even a large out door enclosure, it is far to dangerous to leave them out side during winter without constant supervision. You can lock them away at night and let them out for the day.
Someone years ago had a perente in an out door enclosure in canberra ,and was told by the powers that be he wasnt allowed to restrain it at night......... found it frozen solid one morning! So you will have to forgive me if i keep one of my preciouse babies out of harms way , even if it doesn't look good to the uninnitated.

Want to know anything else about any of the animals in my vast collection... Just ask me!

P.S . MrBredli, cant wait to see the money rolling in... Lol.

Cheers.
Peter.

Dame forgot to add... In the ACT if you want to keep a licenced reptile ,like lacies you have to complete a care sheet with the dimensions of the enclosure. The code of practice states the minimum floor space to be 2.5 x the lenght and 2 x the width of the total size of the lizard. So if you are in canberra and thinking of keeping a big lizard you cant get around this one..... Ok that all for now. I think!

Hi Peter and welcome to the site. I have a question for you.. how vast is your collection? What species do you currently keep and what are you expecting to breed this coming season?

Cheers

Brendon

P.S. The cheque is in the mail! Mind you the the stamp cost more than the cheque is worth :lol:

I know that lacie she and Pete are good friends of mine.So Mr Boajangles do you enter Canberra Exotic pets as a regular customer? Are you one of the ppl that talk to the ppl there? Do you ask for advice and always had a plesant response?
I have a problem with this and someone from Canberra doing this to a friend of mine.First of all a big slice of the Canberra comunity who own reptiles go there for advice,go there for food,and for supplies not to mention some pretty kick a*** enclosures.
sorry Mrbojangles I thought you wrote it and it was acctually deathfire

Im sorry that deathinfire got the wrong impression about the enclosure I have mine on display in.

hmmmm as im the one responsible for all this uproar, i must appoligise to Pete for posting info about his animals and husbandry practises. I had no intensions of having people bad mouthing him. The whole reason why I baught up pete and his lacie was because it was an example of a perfectly healthy and happy looking animal in a small tank (for a lacy), considering the info on housing lacies Ive received from the boards and other sources. Also I had an empty 4x3x3 tank sitting around which I was planning to house some monitors in and considered a juveniles lacie, seeing the lacie at canberra exotics gave me the idea of housing a lacie in a indoor enclosure, Its crazy how things can be misinterpreted on the internet.... crazy i tell ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back