Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanharvey1993

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I know this is a reptile forum, but does anyone else find keeping reptiles boring? so far I have never had a reptile that has really interested me, apart from my geckos, which are cute. is anyone else like that or are people entertained by there snake sitting there doing nothing? with wild herps it is exciting but with all my captives I never even look at them and feeding them is the only time I do, even then they seem a bit boring. interested to hear what other people think of keeping their ones.

They're reptiles, what more do you want them to do, start dancing around in their cage for your entertainment :?. Why keep them if they bore you, some people keep them for something more then entertainment.

To be honest, i find most of them boring in captivity. In the bush is a different story. There's actually only a couple of species i like to keep.

I like watching my snakes, sure in the day there 'boring' but I love watching them slither around at night, and during the day my beardies are great, they jump around on there logs run around eating woodies etc, it is pretty 'amazing' for me :lol: :)

Nope never, don't get me wrong the passion for handling your reptiles dies down with time but this can be a good thing. When i received my first pair of snakes i was excited wanting to hold them all the time but now i just prefer to only handle them if needed and of course to show of ;).

My love now is with Elapids it started of being with pythons but i just prefer elapids so will be looking to move onto them in the future.

But like they say each to their own.

Mate the reason i keep reptiles is the fact they are the most awesome species on the planet. Manly snakes! Also they are the easiest pet to have in my life at the moment due to my hectic lifestyle! If you find reptiles boring why do you keep them! they are the most interesting this to know about!

God no, they aren't boring at all. I love to sit and watch them going about their enclosure and I try to interact with them a few times a week. Beardies are quite comical if you watch them for a while.

Maybe they aren't for you.

Method....as soon as I bring out the woodies, my beardies do start dancing around their enclosure..lol

yer, I love herping, love seeing all the wild stuff, but keeping is an obbsession to me, I spend so much on them but they always are boring, maybe I am buying the wrong species

If you want boring, get blue tongues. Don't get me wrong, I adore my blueys, but along with boring they are still cute, very easy to care for and cheap to feed. Only problem is they burrow in their aspen bedding and I don't see them as much as I'd like, unless its feeding day (every 2nd at the moment) and they are out and about and restless. The more boring, the easier to care for! A lot can be said for boring!!!

I enjoyed my beardies, and I miss them, but blueys are so EASY and NO CRICKETS!!!

If I didn't run ERD, I probably wouldn't keep any reptiles in captivity. If anything, a couple of Coastal Taipans and maybe Perenties.

yer I think a lot of reptiles look cute and look awsome, but they just dont interest me for some reason unless they are wild ones, because its a challenge to find them, see them in there natural habitat, photograph them etc

To be honest, i find most of them boring in captivity. In the bush is a different story. There's actually only a couple of species i like to keep.

To see animals in they habitat require some effort. Not all people are willing to get up there.:)

My breeding pair of coastals are rather boring cause they seep all day but my female is just amazing... she is always wandering around the enclosure and falling from the bottom branch at night. My new female I am just in awe of, she always comes to say hi if i go anywhere near her enclosure...

From what I have read, beardies are the most interesting of the smaller lizards, but if snakes bore you maybe stick to lizards or other animals

If you want boring, get blue tongues. Don't get me wrong, I adore my blueys, but along with boring they are still cute, very easy to care for and cheap to feed.

I found keeping blue tongues very boring as well, but I love all my other animals.

Wouldnt like to keep Blueys but my beardies, frogs and snakes really entertain me. Yeah sure the snakes sleep during the day but at night its amazing to watch them play in their own little worlds :D

I know this is a reptile forum, but does anyone else find keeping reptiles boring? so far I have never had a reptile that has really interested me, apart from my geckos, which are cute. is anyone else like that or are people entertained by there snake sitting there doing nothing? with wild herps it is exciting but with all my captives I never even look at them and feeding them is the only time I do, even then they seem a bit boring. interested to hear what other people think of keeping their ones.

May be you should fined another hobby;)

nah herping has never became boring, although it gets tiring after a full days herping, but the next day or when you have a rest you always wanna go again. think I will just stick to that, plus keep a pair of geckos or 2, they are fun. just a bit of work if I have to travel

I agree that some reptiles must be boring to keep specially for young boy. ..... Looking to cage, waiting for action, and nocturnal animal is hiding in the hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back