Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess keeping reptiles can be boring. Being that I aren't real hands on I don't really do much with my reptiles then feed or clean. But when someone new comes around to see the snakes, someone with a fear maybe, i enjoy to show them, to educated them, let them have a hold or have them watch me, slowly wearing their fear off. Or buying a psycho snake, that is always entertaining, I currently have to crazy brown snakes and a flighty copperhead that I am enjoying a lot, I'm spending a lot of time photographing them and handling them trying to calm them down. But I have to agree with you Ryan, nothing is as rewarding as going out into their environement and meeting them on their grounds. If I found them too boring though I wouldn't keep them, after all I don't keep carpets or childrens for that reason.

wow very poetic wrasse....i'll add that feeling a snake slither on your skin is the most amazing feeling in the world....

They don't bore me at all :D though mum wonders why I want a snake and why I got, have and keep turt because she thinks they're boring.. to me they're a very unique animal, look awesome.. Turt is always active, and I LOVE watching him root around under rocks etc looking for the shrimps and fish I put in there, eating the plants etc.

The interesting part to me is watching them grow, change and enjoy the environment i create for them.
Sure if you are going to sit there for twenty four hours with your eyes glued to the tank.

I think they are the same as any other animal, if they didn't get 'boring' or atleast calm down every once and a while they would never get a break from us.

Never boring, I can potter around with them all day, every day, cleaning , feeding, observing, *cuddling* esp the stimmis.
When they breed and have babies it is amazing....now for that full time job at Snake Ranch....lol

Never boring, I can potter around with them all day, every day, cleaning , feeding, observing, *cuddling* esp the stimmis.
When they breed and have babies it is amazing....now for that full time job at Snake Ranch....lol

Well said Fay... I couldn't have said it better. There is nothing like walking around the house with one of my snakes curled around my neck or shoulders. They are fasinating and amazing animals.

But hey, if you don't want yours you can send me a PM and I will give you my address so you can send all your snakes up to me!!! I will take them off your hands for you free of charge. Lol!!

Well said Fay... I couldn't have said it better. There is nothing like walking around the house with one of my snakes curled around my neck or shoulders. They are fasinating and amazing animals.

But hey, if you don't want yours you can send me a PM and I will give you my address so you can send all your snakes up to me!!! I will take them off your hands for you free of charge. Lol!!

lol after all they are boring so therefore have no value... but are you sure you want boring snakes ???:rolleyes:

I dont think they are boring, im always wandering into my sons room to find Buddy curled in the same position he was 3 hours ago :)
I love showng him off, and watchng him feed is amazing which kinda makes up for not being able to play fetch.
I am yet to see him shed, hopefully this will come soon.

I dont think they are boring, im always wandering into my sons room to find Buddy curled in the same position he was 3 hours ago :)
I love showng him off, and watchng him feed is amazing which kinda makes up for not being able to play fetch.
I am yet to see him shed, hopefully this will come soon.

it's amazing to watch them shed thier skin.

It looks like you might have to send me those Bredli if you still have them,im pretty sure i can find them amusing,dont get me wrong,you can visit them whenever you please....

HANG ON!! I offered first to take them off his hands!! Lol... So they are mine!! Lol! MINE!! He doesn't want boring snakes... Hey maybe a NICE HOT BROWN is more to your liking Ryan?? Lol. Keep you on your toes, that is for sure. And maybe in time if you decide that Bredli are exciting after all I can send you back some babies?? Teehee.

I talk to mine even though I know they can't here me. My daughter thinks I'm loopy but sonce I don't expect and answer I know I'm not.

I love checking out the strange positions she gets into and when I get up close some times she comes up to the glass to check me out and we do a strange dance in front of the glass together.

Sure it isn't much fin when they just sit basking or hide for some quiet but you take the good with the bad like most things.

Now, now, Shane, I know you love your Hots... But not everyone is into them, (shudder), I personally find them not my cup of tea. I am too slow for those thrills nowadays!

Maybe a Lizard?? Goanna?? They are fast, but not so dangerous!! Thorny Devil Lizards are very weird and exotic looking.... Maybe??

However we will support you Ryan... I will ESPECIALLY support your decision if you give me the Bredlis!!! (What? I'm bribing? Me? NEVER!!)

I can, and do watch my Python all the time! even if he is only in the "Strike pose" I dunno if it's just me but there is something about ectothermic animals that sparks something inside of me that nothing else can compare to.

Reptiles are anything but boring!!

Now, now, Shane, I know you love your Hots... But not everyone is into them, (shudder), I personally find them not my cup of tea. I am too slow for those thrills nowadays!

Maybe a Lizard?? Goanna?? They are fast, but not so dangerous!! Thorny Devil Lizards are very weird and exotic looking..

I understand. Thorney devils are ferocious. There's one thing that really irritates me though, and that's the term "hots". Makes me feel like killing a yank.

i have blueys and i absolutely love them, they are interesting aswell as sleepy, and the fact that they sleep most of the time, the way the lick there lips with there fleshy tongue, just after a feed, so cute. also when they are drinking. beardies are amazing, they can see the woodies, in the click clack across the room from them, and i see them down low and going from side to side of there tank, waiting for them, or when your offering them something and they got there eyeson it and there tongue comes in and out waiting for it, never boring, and to breed them successfully, the best part about it:)

I sold my gecko's because they bored the crap out of me, all lizards in captivity do, but not in the wild at all. Snakes only for me, but I would much rather elapids than pythons, they are alot more active, better looking too. But even though pythons don't move much, I cans till watch her, they're such fascinating creatures. One thing I havn't got over yet is watching her feed, the whole time iv had my Coastal I think I have missed watching 1 feed.

I understand. Thorney devils are ferocious. There's one thing that really irritates me though, and that's the term "hots". Makes me feel like killing a yank.

:shock:
Hahahaha!!!!!

Man every lizard i Have ever kept has its own personality and they have never bored me. From my geckos which come out at night and stalk the woodies to my little dragons that are always running around. Geckos are boring during the day but what do you expect their nocturnal. I suggest you get some nice small dragons they are very entertaining!

LOL....a little more extreme than I would have put it, but amen.

There's really no way to say this without appearing to someone, somewhere as being hostile....but I really don't mean it that way....why are you keeping them if they bore you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back