Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sookie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
:pmorning all.just a quick question can a bluie and a beardie live together?beardie is male,6mths old.Bluie is younger at 4mths old.

:pmorning all.just a quick question can a bluie and a beardie live together?beardie is male,6mths old.Bluie is younger at 4mths old.
Depends on the tank size... but at Healesville Sanctuary I have seen 2 Shinglebacks, 2 Beardeds and an Eastern Blue-tongue together in a desert setup with the tank about 3ft long, 4ft deep, 2ft high

im just wondering,is all.so their needs are basically the same?uv light,heatpad,basking light.

The fact that the beardie is a male would worry me because he will probably act territorially. If the tank was pretty huge so they could keep a fair distance from eachother then maybe but in a regular tank i wouldnt risk it.

Thanks Ashman.like i said was just wondering is all.it worries me introducing squish to hydro when she is grown.he is boss man in his tank.

I have a Squish - bearded dragon....Hydro,budlie and peaches my 3 bubs.also baxter the sa marbled gex (still setttling in).sookie la-la the jungle python.......bazynga the little childrens python.Jeffrey the woma male cos who could be scared of a jeffrey?2 bredlis...Dominic and Slick - pr for breeding.a salmon pink oscar fish named whitey ford,amazing singer.and dog the angel fish.add to that 2 very tiny chiahuahua's....pinkiedinx and kujo.oh and a 13yr old son named vinnie,my monkey.

I have a mate that keeps his Bluey and EWDs in an outdoor pit.
During the day, the beardies go in there and there's no probelm.
There's even 3 snake necks in the tub/pond.

The only time there's a scuffle is during feed time cos the blueys are too slow to get the crickets and the EWDs get em all.

i have kept a male beardie with a pair of bluies in the outdoor enclosure with no issues although they have ample space to get away from each other.

So space is an issue,will it be the same when i introduce squish to hydro?bluies don't climb do they,so as long as the beardie could get up and away from the bluie,so would height make up for floor space?and a small enough hide for the bluie,could it work that way?

Picture 983.jpg
Male dragon giving cuddles to male bluey, granted they are young here but never any issues.....damn I miss them.
Just because we are all sharing I have 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 ferrets, 3 budgies and a few babies, a galah, 4 chickens, 2 rabbits, 3 turtles, and just the snakes in signature atm due to a crazy downsize for space reasons.

Last edited:
Baby beardie on the way..

Hi there all,

those 2 snugglers are sooo cute daniel1234!!!
I have 1 rat -InkSpot, 1 kitten -Merlin, 3 Axolotls -Lottie, Pitch and Red, and soon to be 1 Bearded Dragon of yet to be determined species or gender.. :D

Any suggestions of the species I should get? I've only applied for basic license though so that could reduce my choices just a little.. :)

I used to keep a couple rehab blueys in with my male beardy in an 2m by 1m enclosure with ample height never any problems with them at all but there were multiple hides and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back