Keeping wa marbled velvet geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks man! yes just dunlop flexigrout with pva glue mixed in the first couple coats, I also bought some red oxide coloring powder and mixed that into the grout to get the red earth color
followed by grout sealer. yes just regular packaging foam.
just bought a new compound mitre saw the other day and got some wicked pieces in the box!
that foam cost me $480.00 ha ha

rondo, i used 19x19 mm aussie oak for lid making 2 frames, i alternated the lentgh and width pieces on each frame to give more strentgh and stop twist. as in bottom frame length wise was the length of tank with end pieces 19.5mm longer each end.
then top frame length wise was 19.5mm longer at each end. i added the half mm so its not too tight
i then put tank on flat surface drilled pilot holes with timber in place to make sure its a good fit but not too tight, make sure pilot hole is not too small or you will splt timber,
i just use a larger drill bit the size of the screw head for countersink with tape around it to stop it going to deep.
once your frame is made put your ally flyscreen in place. i cut my flyscreen a few mm smaller than frame then fixed it in place using a staple gun, after that put your 2 frames together and screw together, done.
pm me if ya need more info
i also used a non toxic outdoor furniture oil to seal the timber
cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back