Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i keep king skinks,i think they are one of my fave egernias,similar to landmullets but know where near as shy,they are fiesty buggers,but i like that,dont let em bite you,unlike landys if king skinks want to bite they dont mess around and it doesnt tickle,i recomend them,they are pretty cool to keep

I Keep them and they are great,their tails do come off,so never pick up or grab their tails.If you want something to play with or cuddle get a bluetongue.

i keep king skinks,i think they are one of my fave egernias,similar to landmullets but know where near as shy,they are fiesty buggers,but i like that,dont let em bite you,unlike landys if king skinks want to bite they dont mess around and it doesnt tickle,i recomend them,they are pretty cool to keep

So I've been thinking a lot and a lot, and not only am I finding it rather hard to acquire some King Skinks. Still giving what I want a real good thought, really want a stripe-tailed for sure but nobody has any :(

hi vince. i have 2 adult pairs of king skinks (different locales). i have had one pair since they were 6 weeks old and no matter how much i seem to handle them, they are angry buggers (but i like that) they are full of personality and are by far my fave egernia. one tip though, if you get one or two and keep them for a while then be very careful to introduce others into the enclosure as they will fight to the death if they are not compatible. trust me i have had it happen. even with males and females. but especially 2 males. mine are in a pits (1 pair in each pit) outside and they are raging. hope you get some. they are an absolute gem of a lizard. good luck. ps. if you havent found any, i should have some babies from both pairs this coming season.
cheers. johnny

Thanks snakeman478, not sure that I'm too keen to pay freight aswell, due to me being in W.A. If i was REALLY bent on getting them I definitly would. I'm still keeping my options open as to what I want to keep. Finding out a lot of info on different species to narrow it down.

So far I've come to Western Beardies, Stripe-tail Monitor, King Skink or Bobtail. Too hard to choose.
And I'm even edging towards a SW Carpet over the passed day or two, some of them look so damn amazing. I would desire a lizard more, but eh. If the right little guy pops up i'll just have to snatch him then and there

BUMP--

Anyone else here know of any good skink breeders in WESTERN AUSTRALIA, nobody seems to have king skinks.

Snakeman, when do you think they'd be available?

Re-opening this lil thread ;p

I travelled for a good 18 months and never got around to getting some skinks, now I've been back for a while and can't stop wanting 'em.
Have already spoken to a few people here in WA and they've got an eye out but nothing is around for the moment.
Could anybody offer some insight on possible breeders of King Skinks?

Thanks a lot.

I've got a big one I see behind my shed regularly. I have some sheets of tin leaning up against the back of the shed and he is usually in behind them. Scared the **** out of me the first time he came shooting out. I also had to swerve around a baby on the road yesterday. I learnt the scientific name for them on here and told my wife as we passed it and she told me I was a weirdo.

Sorry I can't help with a breeder, but here is a picture of a baby my son caught last year behind the freezer.

100_1408.jpg

If WA had capture laws I would catch you one.

I've got a big one I see behind my shed regularly. I have some sheets of tin leaning up against the back of the shed and he is usually in behind them. Scared the **** out of me the first time he came shooting out. I also had to swerve around a baby on the road yesterday. I learnt the scientific name for them on here and told my wife as we passed it and she told me I was a weirdo.

Sorry I can't help with a breeder, but here is a picture of a baby my son caught last year behind the freezer.

If WA had capture laws I would catch you one.

Haha thanks ;p cool pic, but if your son catches them let him know that the tails do come off!
They are awesome lil creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back