Kitty's Crumble in Melbourne

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pttom1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
For everyone interested, Kitty's Crumble is finally in Melbourne. I just bought a bag from Amazing Amazon in Glen Waverley (can't remember exactly how much it was but it was well priced) and apparently they are the only people stocking it. It really is awesome stuff, does the same job as a pet litter but actually looks good

here is a wholesaler in sydney that should be able to put u in the right direction

Call us today on (02) 9337 3298 for wholesale enquiries!

im goin to amazing amazon on monday or tuesday to make some deposits on enclosures/animals, will check it out then. thanks for letting me know, i have been thinking about changing from aqua clay

dadaman going off the kitty crumble website dural stockfeeds should stock it

I am trialling it in some of my cages (since the expo), it looks great and would be an awesome nest box material (due to the moisture content) but I just noticed that one of my morelia, which mind you has been trying to pretty much burrow into it, has it stuck in all its heat pits...it doesnt seem to be worrying it, I hope it come out as it drys, also it readily sticks to food items and they ingest it, I will let you know if there are any ill effects.

kelly

I have it in the bottom of my morelia enclosures (they are tall enclosures) and I think its fantastic to be honest. No smells, easy to clean up etc...I personally have had great success with it. Looks great as well. Dont know how it goes with ground dwellers though...

I am trialling it in some of my cages (since the expo), it looks great and would be an awesome nest box material (due to the moisture content) but I just noticed that one of my morelia, which mind you has been trying to pretty much burrow into it, has it stuck in all its heat pits...it doesnt seem to be worrying it, I hope it come out as it drys, also it readily sticks to food items and they ingest it, I will let you know if there are any ill effects.

kelly

vey interesting to know kelly, thanks. ill probably be trying it in a colubrid enclosure first though anyway, as i dont feed her in her enclosure both of those problems shouldnt affect my snake. but i am also looking at another JCP substrate so any info you can give about your fellas poop over the next couple of weeks would be fantastic :p

kelly

Hey Kelly,
I've been using it since late Feb (got some at Mac herps expo) & like it so for. In regard to moisture, I've noticed this but it dries in a couple of days (I'm using it in tubs at the moment). I've also noticed my Bredl's have a nose around in it, but haven't seen any evidence of it in their pits yet. Whether they've avoided that so far or they've managed to dislodge it, I don't know. The womas love it for digging. I've seen some pieces swallowed with food & have not noticed any detrimental effects yet. They're still young & are eating every 7-10 days still, so there's been a few feeds in there. Any fibres caught in their teeth have been easily dislodged in a matter of minutes.

Hey Kelly,
I've been using it since late Feb (got some at Mac herps expo) & like it so for. In regard to moisture, I've noticed this but it dries in a couple of days (I'm using it in tubs at the moment). I've also noticed my Bredl's have a nose around in it, but haven't seen any evidence of it in their pits yet. Whether they've avoided that so far or they've managed to dislodge it, I don't know. The womas love it for digging. I've seen some pieces swallowed with food & have not noticed any detrimental effects yet. They're still young & are eating every 7-10 days still, so there's been a few feeds in there. Any fibres caught in their teeth have been easily dislodged in a matter of minutes.

Thanks for the info...I havent tried with the womas yet...I will have to get some more, but as you said it shouldnt be a problem if swallowed, its all natural fibre and the snakes that had a feed last night seem to have removed it from their teeth, I will dry the food a bit better next time and hopefully less will stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back