Land Mullets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how horrid, i couldn't imagine eating my Marcia. Glad to see that those practices were stopped (i'd like to think so, but i wouldn't put it past my neighbours)

Simone.

Hey Pike, my pm's are playing up so I'll post it here

Hi Pike, I hear you have Majors and land mullets, do you breed either? I'm very interested in newborns at the moment.
Cheers

Dicco, no its my PMs that dont work, dont have any Juv mullets at the moment, but have majors and king skinks

Re: RE: Land Mullets.....yeah yeah

Azztech said:
lmao, i can't help but think they look similar to a bog on legs lol!

Says more about your diet than about the lizard. :wink:

RE: Re: RE: Land Mullets.....yeah yeah

hey Pike01,
How much each are you selling them for? Are you able to sex any of them?

Simone.

Which ones, havent thought about it, was just keeping them to trade with for other animals.you must be Simone who is after a female king skink, yes?

Arent they gorgeous? They look so relaxed.

Gotta love the name 'Marcia" :)
We have them around here too.
Do they bite like Blueys?
I've never been bitten by one but I'm guessing it's like a Bluey bite and they're nasty! I tried to save a baby BTS from a neighbours cat once and it attached to my finger, left a bleeding cut and a bruise. ouch.

Yep, that would be me Pike01. Definately after a female King.

Earthmother, i would like to be able to tell you how a bite feels but don't fancy sticking my finger in to find out for you.

Simone.

Hey Pike, I'm after some young Majors, any chance you'd sell as I really don't have anything to trade?

Hi simone, the problem is i dont know if the big one is a female, never heard of xraying skinks to sex them, what do you look for? Hollow hemipene pockets? If i knew it was a female for sure i would sell her to you. Dicco, what are they worth for this years model.

When i bought my bubs 2 years ago i paid 250 each. I bought an adult male for 180 last year. AS for sexing, my vet probed mine but the other way is xraying. I freak at the thought of probing so i definately don't do it. If you ever happen to find out what sex it is let me know what you want for her ( if its a her).I won't mind paying for a vet to sex it for you. My big King was sitting queitly in my hand today and i saw his eyes move towards my finger so i put him back really quickly. I'm getting desperate to get him a girl.

Simone.

Ether, that's the most frightening mullet I've ever seen. Don't go getting a perm now!

Here's a pic of a local wild LM in a friends backyard. He's been a resident for about 3 years. Cute and mulletty.

Now that is a handsome fella. I was holding Marcia earlier today and she walked up my chest and went to sleep on my neck. I've brought her in from her outodor pit cos last year i left her out till the beginning of April and she got a cold. She's indoors now and likes to think she's in charge of the reptile room. I love the Egernai lizards, awesome creatures.

Simone.

He is a beauty em,
I cant wait to get mine now.
Simone, your passion for them shows - and it is contagious.
I woner how many people's eyes you have opened! lol
Cheers
ad

Simone , i will probe it for you, but didnt think it was very reliable, only ever heard of x-raying monitors, didnt know they had ossifications. I usually look for the secondry sexual features Like bulkier head and slimmer body. Anyone else have any ideas. Bigguy how do you sex your skinks?

Oh and Dicco was talking about Majors, any idea on the price of them?

I remember seeing major skinks a couple of years ago once going for 250 then the other for 220. My Land mullet got xrayed and the vet said she was a female. It was done while she was getting her tail looked at. I've just put her back outside into her outdoor enclosure for the day. She was clinging to my shoulder and didn't want me to put her down again. My king skinks have got big heads and they are male. The older male and a more stumpy but very wide head.
Thanks Pike01
Simone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back