Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see how length has much to do with being larger in size, what is bigger a dog that is 5' long or a tree snake that is 6' long?

I work at Currumbin Wildlife sanctuary and we have Ringtails, Giant cave Geckos and Centralian Knobtail geckos (N. amyae). Our cave geckos are definately bigger than our ringtails. I'm not sure where the knobtails fit. Their tiny tail is a bit deceiving i think...

Infact the largest Aussie gecko based on length is believed to be Saltuarius salebrosus based on consistent documented lengths of both captive and wild individuals. Although Cyrtodactylus tuberculatus has had apparent sightings in the wild with an excess length og 30cms +, it is not consistent and captives rarely exceed 25cms.

Based on weight, N.amyae without a doubt.

Cyrtodactylus tuberculatus and Saltuarius salebrosus are both quite big geckos however looks are deceiving they are only large due to there length and width giant cave geckos take the cake

Cyrtodactylus tuberculatus and Saltuarius salebrosus are both quite big geckos however looks are deceiving they are only large due to there length and width giant cave geckos take the cake

Yes however, if you noticed, I was basing the statement on individual weight and length, not overall size of length, weight, girth etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back