late night mod?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richardsc

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
perhaps with the recent outbreak of immatuity we need a late nite mod,hard to enjoy a forum when imbociles post crap,i guess if they were ignored they would move on,but seems to be getting worse by the day

any thoughts?

No doubt by the morning they will either be suspended or banned, hope fully the later because the stuff being put up at the moment is absolutely disgraceful.

Mods have a hard enough job as it is, i doubt they would want to put their hands up to watch the site in the late night / early morning hours, its not like its a paid job ;)

I am up 24/7 id be willing mod and to delete silly threads like tonights but i doubt they would want another mod

but i would be happy to delete those sort of threads

i think aps does need a late night mod

perhaps with the recent outbreak of immatuity we need a late nite mod,hard to enjoy a forum when imbociles post crap,i guess if they were ignored they would move on,but seems to be getting worse by the day

any thoughts?

I think its a great idea,thumbs up from me.

yeah, its certainly been a crazy night here :shock: look at all the crap threads created

any thoughts?

I used to think that some of the overseas sites were a bit boring & quiet but at least most of what is posted is interesting, I must admit I do not frequent this site as much due to the amount of BS that goes on & its a pity because there are some very interesting topics & people but they are lost in all the rubbish.

One suggestion I would have too, is when the suspect threads are moved the title can still be viewed. Some of these titles are inappropriate for younger members. Maybe the whole thread including remnants needs to go completely.

am i going to bed too early, cause i seem to be missing the silly threads. what are people putting up?

I have just seen the threads you are talking about. Why on earth were they just moved and not completely deleted?

The main problem times used to be in the late afternoon, after school obviously, and in the late evening, after dinner, during down time for school aged teens. Late at night was usually someone with to much toxin in their blood stream whether imbided or pschycotic. All you could really do was clean up afterwards. I always found that there were to many other members willing to abet or cajole infringing posters. Best to report and then ignore them. Usually they get bored then go and masterbate. That keeps them quiet for a little while.

Damn, it looks like I've missed something interesting!
No doubt it would have pissed me off at the time, but now I'm all curious.
Hope no one got hurt raging out at their computer last night ;).
Usually they get bored then go and masterbate. That keeps them quiet for a little while.
Lol peter :lol: :lol: not the best mental images for this time of the morning.

Couldn't agree more. I thought the site might have been hacked last night by the crap that was on here

Wanted
Insomniac with no social life, friends or family commitments. Agrophobia an advantage. Must be willing to stay on APS from 12am to 6am to look out for banned members with the same qualifications. There is no monetary payment for this position but you will be rewarded with an inbox full of emails containing death threats, legal threats and promises that "I'll be good this time.".

Please be patient while we process the long line of applicants.

perfectly put,

Richard, the issue I can see is that mods on this site aren't employed (therefor payed) to do their job, so it really is when a mod log's in that they do their job... and they don't have specific times to be online.

I am up 24/7 id be willing mod and to delete silly threads like tonights but i doubt they would want another mod

but i would be happy to delete those sort of threads

i think aps does need a late night mod

Bahaha, your posts are half of the problem!

Richard, the issue I can see is that mods on this site aren't employed (therefor payed) to do their job, so it really is when a mod log's in that they do their job... and they don't have specific times to be online.

Bahaha, your posts are half of the problem!

Exactly mod's don't get paid, they don't even get thank you's half the time. They get hounded with whingy little pathetic complaints.

"That person didn't deliver the snake on time, he was an hour late so he should be banned. "

"Please get rid of that thread, I posted something stupid so everyone is paying me out i'm going to have a cry if you don't delete the thread"

I was going to leave people out of this, but half the people on this post are the offenders as MrSpike said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back