late night mod?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
am i going to bed too early, cause i seem to be missing the silly threads. what are people putting up?

Ditto. What did we miss? And how on earth were there that many people online at 3am!!

Hey How about an easy fix............remove chat and the chit chat threads and just be a reptile site........hmmm
The serial offenders of inane posts to up post counts would soon get bored, the rest of us would get a chance to share and learn lots of knowledge thats out there and all the kids that get on here might actually learn something tooo......
No need for a night owl then

getting rid of chit chat won't solve the problem i've seen more insults in reptile threads than in chit chat...

It was mentioned in another thread and i think something worth thinking about would be to remove chit chat from the main forum feed and give it a window at the side, this way threads on reptile related stuff dont disappear within half an hour of being posted..

i have been put down a few times now but have realised that it has always been my fault. I hope that someone is willing 2 put their hand up for such an enormous job.I know i sure would but i'm 2 young and i have school so yeah thumbs up for the ppl who put thier hand up for a good cause.
Cheers
Tara
Have a good one!

I haven't been on for ages, but how do you check old threads, please remind me?

I know, off topic.

and I agree

LATE NIGHT MOD!

I'll put up my hand if a late nite mod is considered - im usually on to about 2am which is when the silly stuff happens.

Just remember too a mod is meant to be impartial and not show favoritism...................food for thought for all you people that think theyd be a good mod..........

I remember when APS was cool - no one impersonated anyone... People made jokes... We enjoyed intelligent chit chat...

Even I can see it has taken a huge slide in the recent months.

Extra moderation isn't what is needed - common courtesy and common sense are what should prevail.

Unfortunately these things aren't always plausible for the average human - which is fine - and plus it's purely subjective to what you think common sense and common courtesy are.

I think however an 'Under 16s' club should be introduced and enforced.

And perhaps a 'completely ridiculous waste of space chit chat' - for chit chat that doesn't even fall into the chit chat category (which accounts for a fair whack of current chit chat).

Extra police - not the answer - harm minimisation is the answer!

Ask Earthling, he'll agree :)

maybe what slim6y said about a under 16s is a good idea. and that gives the older generation a choice as to whether they want to answer there questions.
there do seem to be alot of young kids on here. i guess its a good thing to see them so interested in reptiles at such a young age, but a bit discouraging at random crap being posted.
i guess cause this site is so popular its always going to be hard to make everyone happy.

well said slim6y,i guess if we just ignore the tools that post such crap they get bored eventually,just a shame morons post such filth with alot of younger users being online,but like i said,seems to be happening quite alot these days on here,which is a shame

ITS A REPTILE FORUM

lets get back to reptiles

Yeah that sounds good, lets have a 20's-40's group as well, then a 40's -60's and then an over 60's. God forbid different generations mix and mingle. While where at it lets make a 'people who type and act like a under 16 year old on the forum' group for Dragon lady, Lama and all their friends.

The issue isn't enthusiastic kids as much as it is immature adults. The different between the 2, the kids don't know better or know about online etiquette (for lack of a better way to put it) . The immature adults know perfectly well what they are doing and don't care...

Give the younger members there own forum where they can talk about what they like and not flood the main forums and maybe you will find the members that are having a mid life crisis and acting like the kids will join them. It seems like they are all trying so hard to fit into this group of kids... god knows they are acting like them on the forum.

Actually - the idea of the under 16s group was to alleviate the need for these people to comment on threads that otherwise wouldn't require commenting... Which, as you so elloquantly put it comes from a majority of adults.

I'm not saying that's not true - I'm suggesting a method of harm minimisation rather than pure enforcememnt - which we know DOESN'T WORK!!

Does that make sense to you Mr Spike?

I wasn't being agest, I wasn't seggragating - I was merely providing the idea that the forum be based around minimising the painfulness and encouraging the co-orperation of the majority of APS members.

If you want to get on your soap box because of your age - then maybe we can add a similar idea to the infraction idea - where after a certain amount of time has passed perhaps the elite can go through to the main room - while others will have to reach an age - that works very similar to the real world - where promotion only occurs when you jump through the correct hoops.

Shouldn't we be encoraging superiority not flourish ourselves in mediocrity?

on other rep sites they make it so u need a minimum posts and a minimum account age and certain actual age for a certain chat section

i think that would be great for this site

so u would need a min post
min account age
and age

I usually sit back and just read these threads, however I can foresee a problem with a junior forum and the abundance of armchair experts...
misinformation, drives everyone up the wall, starts all sorts of arguments and "world renowned experts" come from every corner of the globe for the 'debate'
problem is that some of this information can and will cause harm to the animals in the care of misinformed people if not policed/modded.
sure let them go nuts in a separate forum, massage their egos by allowing them to share their astounding information, but this will just create more work for the already busy mods.
if people just stopped biting, and just ignored these type of threads that are often put out for a bit of a tiff or to see if anyone will bite and blow up over something really immature....time to grow up kidlets, ignore them and they will soon go away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back