late night mod?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O.M.G i really needed that laugh before work. thanks earthing. :D:D:D:D

What about all new users with a curfew time? No posting after say 10pm or so? Begin again at 7am?
Or whatever times the mods will be online.
Untill posts are at 100 or so?
That would stop the trolls.

Any good Harm-minimisation role will have education and awareness at the front line. This thread is doing that.

Secondly proactive measures that address the problem initiators before it happens. This can be as sensible as being more couteous to your fellow cyber travellor. Common-sense is no longer common, realise you may have to work on it. Realising that posting on APS is a privelege not a right to post. Yes other people do have feelings and may be offended by what you post, so take this into consideration before you post.

Thirdly procative measure to control future occurences.This could be in the form of Slims idea of a under 16s 'forum', or a new users curfew or....................?

Whatever we do trolls will form. Its enevitable. What we can control, is how we make them and how we deal with them.

"What about all new users with a curfew time? No posting after say 10pm or so? Begin again at 7am?
That would stop the trolls."

Great ideas Earthling......although putting a post limit on things will create its own problems. As we have seen time and time again on this site people that have been around for 4mths and have huge post counts of 1200 plus.....It would just encourage these people to post even more mindless and inane drivel.......Thats why perhaps a daily limit would help....

"What about all new users with a curfew time? No posting after say 10pm or so? Begin again at 7am?
That would stop the trolls."

Great ideas Earthling......although putting a post limit on things will create its own problems. As we have seen time and time again on this site people that have been around for 4mths and have huge post counts of 1200 plus.....It would just encourage these people to post even more mindless and inane drivel.......Thats why perhaps a daily limit would help....

What about both ideas at once?
Problem with the say '5 post 'daily limit, is that all it takes is one post/thread at 12am for the troll to start. If they had 5 posts per user limit they could still runamok. They in fact could have a few user names up their sleeve to post numerous times within their daily limit.
However, if that user limit was combined with a curfew, they couldnt get away with inapropriate posts during mod time. They couldnt troll effectively, without being caught and deleted.

How 'bout we just ban all the n00bs, rofldogs and lolcats? C'mon we have 10'000 members, we don't really need anymore?

We could be like an elite club that you might want to join but can't! And when we do let some n00bees in they have to go through a strenuous initiation ceremony and have a challenge they must complete first. The initiation ceremony could be like going on an APS bus tour while wearing a crocodile suit and only speaking in snake tongue. As for the challenge, it would have to be on a case by case basis, but IMO it should be something like arguing with Sdaji about the genetics of intergrades without resorting to name calling and personal attacks!

I think i have just solved our n00b problem. All those in flavor say strawberry.

Strawberry.

How 'bout we just ban all the n00bs, rofldogs and lolcats? C'mon we have 10'000 members, we don't really need anymore?

We could be like an elite club that you might want to join but can't! And when we do let some n00bees in they have to go through a strenuous initiation ceremony and have a challenge they must complete first. The initiation ceremony could be like going on an APS bus tour while wearing a crocodile suit and only speaking in snake tongue. As for the challenge, it would have to be on a case by case basis, but IMO it should be something like arguing with Sdaji about the genetics of intergrades without resorting to name calling and personal attacks!

I think i have just solved our n00b problem. All those in flavor say strawberry.

Strawberry.

LOL. Now THAT made me laugh. An excellent idea!

Wanted
Insomniac with no social life, friends or family commitments. Agrophobia an advantage. Must be willing to stay on APS from 12am to 6am to look out for banned members with the same qualifications. There is no monetary payment for this position but you will be rewarded with an inbox full of emails containing death threats, legal threats and promises that "I'll be good this time.".

Please be patient while we process the long line of applicants.

hahaha Greebs, that is about it...LOL

Wanted
Insomniac with no social life, friends or family commitments. Agrophobia an advantage. Must be willing to stay on APS from 12am to 6am to look out for banned members with the same qualifications. There is no monetary payment for this position but you will be rewarded with an inbox full of emails containing death threats, legal threats and promises that "I'll be good this time.".

Please be patient while we process the long line of applicants.

Very funny and so very true.:lol::lol:

this forum is already heavily moderated..... not a bad thing.....

do you guy and gals frequent other forums like this one...... like i said and was posted out by others... it happens everywhere... and this forum is already heavily moderator active....

just look,,, threads and posts deleted here... there... everywhere...... you dont get that on most other forums....

is everyone old.... and any moderators that agree with strick posting rules as some have suggested have not obviously moderated before.....

and theres no point saying stuff like "we dont want it going bad like everyother forum"... cos to be honest... you cant stop it all...hello and pointless post are everywhere over the internet.... some epople just need to take a step back.. think about whats been posted or talked about and decide if they should bother replying or reading ect... moderators work in the back ground... sugestions/reports should be made my PM.... deleted posts need to be removed totally... not left partially visable detailing someones bad work like a junkies track mark....

stop being old and get over it...

young people will flood these foums looking for info and help.... i never posted or even registered for 4 months due to the way i saw this forum.... i read and went elsewhere to collect information for my self so i didnt feel like a noob when joining.....

i could go on all night cos it frustrates me on how you can think this forum is running "not the way you like it".

people just need to chill out.... you dont pay for this forum...... i actually pay for others because the enviroment is much more relaxed.

one forum im apart of thats austrian based just like this one has 44000 members...

this very minute there are 510+ people online
its has a total of 3,984,132 posts - edit: changed to 3,984,199 in less the 10 mins

current moderators online - 2.... yes only 2.....

it is the cleanest most easiest forum i have ever come accross.....mainly because when i joined them back in 2003 they had there stuff worked out and forgot about these petty things...

it even has descussions about herp friends...

I read the first page of this last night, and RB25JET's post just then, and made me think. Sorry if it's been mentioned in the other four pages, but I've got work to do atm lol.

I heard someone mention about the content of the posts not being appropriate for younger forumers, but who's on at 3am in the morning to be worried about?
This site seems pretty clean enough, and if all the garbage is gone by the morning, then where's the problem?
But hey, if there's someone respected enough to take on the role, then kudos to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back