Let's argue about terrorism! And do it in the right place

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KrimenuL said:
Marc, why would you ask me if I'm new to the site? Am I that Transparent? Lol. Yes, I am. Why? :?

PS. Yes, I've seen all of the movies you mentioned, Wattso. I agree, About Schmidt was a bit of a let down. I really liked Big Daddy and Happy Gilmore, and although I've seen them many, many, many times, they stil seem to be funny. Have you seen The Waterboy?

KrimenuL

Just a big welcome to you thats all

I am refering to Adulthood and Krimenul.
I deleted few post in this topic. They do not represent our spirit here in our group.
Next time I will delete the member instead, to save moderators time.

I beleive that someone just recently was deleted from the forum for using bad language, R.I.P SOB (AKA S.Irwin) I dont want to go to your funneral :wink:

bad language has no place here oky doky :D

fuuny Jan, You didnt delete this one.
I think you will also find that my lauguage was impeccible. and your inference to the expulsion of myself was unwarrented.

Adulthood If your post would be OK , We would not had to delete it. You can start fight with Inflaming post using perfect language. That is not much appreciated. Since this I had to delete another post of your stiring krimenul in another topic. You know what you doing so just stop it and enjoy friendly atmosphere please.

Wattso mate I'll agree to disagree with you on our little conversation but will point out that eradicating islamic militants and terrorists and eradicating the islamic people as a whole is totally different, and I am baffled that you who seem to regard yourself so highly cant see the difference. Slatey forgive me, I now see you are right, it was pointless trying to speak of these things with a left wing looney who though undoubtedly of good intention is blind to his own ignorance.

Your missing my whole point Parko!!!!! Who decides who might be militant or/and terrorist [without due trial and evidence], when your dropping clusterbombs from airplanes!! or are they making "terrorist seeking missiles" these days? Is It nessesary to carpet bomb a country to rubble to make sure you get the "terrorist" hiding there? please say what your thinking in plain english and stop dodging the point in question with nonsense about "left wing loonies" etc. I want to hear your veiws but you dont offer them , you just try to ridicule mine. what part didnt make sense to you? why didnt it make sense? elaborate a little on your ideas and we can enjoy discussion in a pleasant, informative and fun way. ok :D

Admin comment :

This thread was split from another topic as it was way off topic and breached almost every rule of the site!

Please read the forum rules - in particular, rules 1, 2, 4, 5, 8 & 10!

It has since been edited and offensive language has been removed.

As far as "The War on Terrorism" goes, the ammunition we use should be books and lecturers more than bombs and guns. As long as we have videos of Osama Bin Laden (whether real or not is irrelevent) reaching people of a like mentality, urging them to wage war on whom ever is enemy #1 for that week we will never win the "war". We must educate those who are potential targets for this type of propaganda so that they may be able to realise what are truths and falsehoods in what they receive. We must educate them so that if they do get asked to follow Osama or whom ever is trying to recruit using terrorist/militia type propaganda they are able to make an informed choice on the matter. And maybe in process we are able to increase our own limited education so that we may be able to know how to better win our "war".

Just as a side note though, it is my opinion that we will never be fully able to stop the terrorism mentality because we can never truely know what peoples mindsets are and for us to really appreciate the good in this world, there must always be evil. For evil is as much the product of good as good is of evil.

Amy said:
We must educate those who are potential targets for this type of propaganda so that they may be able to realise what are truths and falsehoods in what they receive. We must educate them so that if they do get asked to follow Osama or whom ever is trying to recruit using terrorist/militia type propaganda they are able to make an informed choice on the matter. .

I think that we have better chance to turn sahara in to green garden. :(

Been away for a few days so missed the fun, but I no longer see the point in discussing this as who is going to change their mind anyway? Just dogs howling at the moon. Wattso wrote himself out of my books for worthwhile debate when he started insinuating I am a Nazi, matey a Nazi is a better enemy to make than I am.

Why is it so hard? I am talking of those who haven't yet been recruited. Surely we must try before we write people off? It will be hard, never said otherwise. But I dont think that blowing people up is any better. In fact it makes us look even worse and justifies the propaganda which is out there.

Wow, thought I had wandered onto the wrong site.

wattso said:
Thing is Parko, "war on terrorism" is going nowhere, even if they do catch Osama and his militia. "terrorism" is a mentality, you cant have a war on mentality with any amount of bombs! there will always be more Osamas. The "war" has to be fought via education about racial tolerance, religious tolerance, and fought in our schools and neighbourhoods, internationally. teach kids these things and they do not grow up to be terrorist and "terrorism" dies out eventually. The whole idea of a "military war on terrorism" is absurd! It would never end, osama teaches osama jnr and he teaches his son , and so on , and on.
Yes ,use military force to bring down dictators, Yes use military for to prevent and stop "ACTS" of terrorism, but you cant win a war on terrorism with guns and bombs!........unless you want to nuke every islamic country! :D

Amy, I said this early on and was written off as a left wing loonie. looks like you and i are a "party elite"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh ahh Wattso, I didn't even know I was a member! They are efficient these days aren't they?!

From "bowling for columbine" teachers guide page! [a good point]

One student said, "If you don't have any boundaries, then anyone can be a terrorist." Another said, "The U.S. government won't define terrorism because they don't want to be able to be considered terrorists."

These comments echoed Eqbal Ahmad's insight that countries that have no intention of being consistent will resist defining terms. As one student wrote after the activity: "I also realized how many terrorism acts the U.S. has committed. When our government doesn't define terrorism, it makes me think that they just want a free shot to kill anyone they want." Wrote another student: "Bush needs to define terrorism in front of our nation before he does anything else, and then he needs to stick with the definition, not bend it to suit the U.S."

And this is from American students!!! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back