Let's argue about terrorism! And do it in the right place

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
adullthud said:
A fluke. No, evolutionary trial and error.

but on a universal scale? This incredible planet, the only one among trillions? why not similar "evolution" elsewhere ? fluke? :D

i just think that every one should look at absoultly every thing there is to look at before they say they have an answer and i will love to meet the person who thinks they have done that!!!!

Didnt you write that before luke? :lol:

for some reason i thought i should write it again :wink:

Ok well, I do practise a religion but I'll start from the top.

Wattso~ Christ/God/Holy Spirit idea has too many holes in it for me. It contradicts it's self continually. Christ himself taught us to hate as well as to love and to be intolerant of those he said were wrong as well as tolerant of those he said were right.

African~ Monotheistic = one god, Pantheistic = removed from what he has created eg: the potter is not part of his creation, the pot, but rather completly separate. Mainstream = those which are readily accepted as the "norm".
My religion, I have more than one god/goddess, he/she/they are panentheistic (a part of their creation) and not mainstream/readily accepted.

Wattso~ I find there are to many "flukes" in this world for it to be coincidense. I have had to many "encounters" for there to be nothing out there.

Luke~ I have looked at A LOT of different religions/faiths and I have found the one that works for me. Neither myself nor my religion claim to be the one true way to salvation (another common characteristic of monotheistic/pantheistic religions). I dont even believe in salvation. So I dont claim I have the answer for you. But I do have the answer for me.

amy so dos it bother you that you just may be your waisting your time as neither your self or your religion claim to be the one??

sorry had to say it .. :wink:

Luke~ Not at all. My religion is all embracing and I believe that when it all boils down to the basics, all religions are the same, we simply go about practising them in differing ways.

I am not bothered that my religion claims to be one. It is infact one of the things that draws me to it. I was protestant. Went to a Catholic school. It was the fact that the Christian perspective is such that a follower is so removed from their god that pushed me away (along with the nuns constantly telling me I would go to hell) But because of that, I began to search out other religions and I came across mine. It fits me as well as my own skin.

Christ himself taught us to hate as well as to love and to be intolerant of those he said were wrong as well as tolerant of those he said were right.
~Amy

He did? .........I may have to re-read the new testament.....:(

Wattso~ I find there are to many "flukes" in this world for it to be coincidense. I have had to many "encounters" for there to be nothing out there.
~Amy

Now you've really got me intrigued........encounters??????

but on a universal scale? This incredible planet, the only one among trillions? why not similar "evolution" elsewhere ? fluke?
Wattso, how can you make a statement like that when we know so little about the planets on our own doorstep let alone those elsewhere of which we know nothing

Eggy, it wasnt a statement so much as a question. what are your thoughts? :D

Edit/add~ I might point out that christianity beleives man [and this world?] are the very pinnacle of creation, they also beleive the earth was created 6ooo yrs ago. LOL [I dont think man is "the pinnacle" of evolution, just unique evolution [which is where my interest in the rights of other species comes in, but thats fodder for another thread!]
I beleive this world and everything on it, including us is not unique in the universe, its almost absurd to beleive otherwise even without evidence of little green men! hence, that question above, how can earth be such a fluke? :D

maybe where just microscopic organisims inside some really big thingamibob thats inside another really big thingamabob and so forth and so on.
do microscopic organisms notice us when we walk past?? :shock:

this is not my belive but its funny to think about :idea:

I hope the Earth and everything on it is unique because imagine millions of Professors throughout an infinite universe....... the dribble would be endless :lol: (just teasing professor)

luke said:
maybe where just microscopic organisims inside some really big thingamibob thats inside another really big thingamabob and so forth and so on.
do microscopic organisms notice us when we walk past?? :shock:

this is not my belive but its funny to think about :idea:

The same thought has crossed my mind luke. Imagine those images from hubble of distant parts of the universe are on a much larger scale, the same as cells/molecules under a microscope, and do infitesimal beings look out into their "space" and see "stars and worlds" which are microscopic parts of us. They could not comprehend us as a single being.
perhaps thats why we dont comprehend "GOD" ??? :D Then take this concept to infinity in either direction...............makes for awesome imaginings huh! :D

and to me its oddly the most convincing but
THE TRUTH IS (still) OUT THERE..
8)

Parko said:
I hope the Earth and everything on it is unique because imagine millions of Professors throughout an infinite universe....... the dribble would be endless :lol: (just teasing professor)

Thats an interesting concept too Parko. For every choice we make do we also make a different choice in a parralel existance? There would be literally infinite professors :D If you consider the physical universe as infinite then everything imagined exist somewhere simply because its been brought to existance[or its idea] by imagination. I love this stuff, it allows the mind to run free! :D

Luke~ Thankyou.

Wattso~ I dont mean to try to "convert" you or dispell you theories but I will back up my ealier claims.

Jesus tells us to honour our father and mother (Matthew 15:4) but if we want to be his disciple we must hate them (Luke 14:26)

Jesus says that everyone who asks recieves and everyone who seeks will find (Matthew 7:8-11) Yet he also says few will be saved, even when they try (Matthew 7:14-23, Luke 13:24, John 12:40)

Hatred is permitted, even demanded (Luke 14:26) but is simultaneously not permitted (1 John 3:15)

*Pagans & Christians, Gus DiZerega, Ph.D., Llewellyn World Wide.

There are more but these relate specifically to my statements.

About my encounters, I dont mean little green men, I mean with my god/goddess/diety. But I dont need to go into them.

Whoa Amy! :D I dont seem to able to find the family bible, it dont get much use I can tell ya!
but as others have pointed out, its the worlds most self contraditory book! lol Think it boils down to interpretation.[Then theres the fact that theres no proof as such that the man really existed plus the fact it was written well after his "death" and re-interprated many times over the millenia anyway, if he ever lived, who knows what he really said, maybe like brian, he just told em all to F### off! lol] About your "encounters", I know you didnt mean L.G.M and i wasnt mocking you, I really am interested in what you experienced. I dont advise posting here of course, but if you cared to share them with a genuinly interested party who will keep his mouth shut, you could pm me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back