Let's argue about terrorism! And do it in the right place

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These comments echoed Eqbal Ahmad's insight that countries that have no intention of being consistent will resist defining terms. As one student wrote after the activity: "I also realized how many terrorism acts the U.S. has committed. When our government doesn't define terrorism, it makes me think that they just want a free shot to kill anyone they want." Wrote another student: "Bush needs to define terrorism in front of our nation before he does anything else, and then he needs to stick with the definition, not bend it to suit the U.S."

And this is from American students!!!
The education has started.

Slatey~ I have boyfriend sweet, sorry ;)

Am going to vid shop soon, will get bowling for columbine on DVD and give you my opinion on it tomorrow.

And I am terminally married, with little professors, remember! :D

well...professorette's! :D

My vid shop doesn't have Bowling for Columbine. Strange.

I think there is also a slight age difference aswell lol.

BASIC RULE OF NATURE

MAY THE STRONGEST SERVIVE !!!!
who cares who is right or wrong wake up to your selvs its who ever can put there point across the strongest what ever way they go about doing it. and unless your going to DO somthing don't waist your usless breath

I was so distracted by the bad spelling that I missed the point.

Sorry Wattso...I slipped into English teacher mode again.

luke said:
BASIC RULE OF NATURE

MAY THE STRONGEST SERVIVE !!!!
who cares who is right or wrong wake up to your selvs its who ever can put there point across the strongest what ever way they go about doing it. and unless your going to DO somthing don't waist your usless breath

As usual misreading of the original. What it initially implied was that the most appropriate for the prevailing conditions would ultimately become the dominant.

Evolution. that could be an interesting one to argue about espescially if the god botherers are about.

Evolution. that could be an interesting one to argue about espescially if the god botherers are about.

Religion could stir up a lot of issues and offend a few people. Sounds like fun! Whats the statement?

religion is out of date we know far too much to be bound by mythical crap no one has the answer so why dont we all strive to find out insted of binding our selfs to one religion or belife

priests / politicians whats the diference its all about control systems.
absolute freedom of choice and direction ?? whats that??

Can you elaborate a little please Luke?

i could type for hours on the subject but im at work sorry.
really how free is the free world we can only make choices that have been made for us to choose. humans are the masters of elusion ( why do it if we can make them think we've done it ) etc...etc..
i just think that every one should look at absoultly every thing there is to look at before they say they have an answer and i will love to meet the person who thinks they have done that

Luke~ You have made a valid point. But it seems to me, from my interpretation of your posts that you are talking about monotheistic, pantheistic mainstream religions.
we can only make choices that have been made for us to choose
Not all religions have a set path for people to follow. You have made a rather general statement here.

I am strongly religious person. Nearly fanatic. My got is alien and just watch out you barbarians, when he returns he will fix you up.
Non believers you.

http://bahai.about.com/

Each to his/her own! :D I dont personally beleive in or practice religion at all, while I beleive in what christ taught, im not sure if I beleive in the literal existance of the man in the flesh [or otherwise]. I see religion and beleif in what christ taught as two very different concepts. christ taught love tolerance etc whereas religion itself has only ever taught, hate and intolerance [think burning heretics, crusades etc].

As for the concept of "GOD" ? Im workin on that :D I look at the perfection of earth and its place in the universe and I wonder if theres not more to it than sheer fluke as random evolution suggest.
consider:

1. the placing of earth, just so in relation to our sun that life can thrive, given there appears to be no other even close to supporting life in "the big neighbourhood"
2. the biological perfection of our eco systems, indeed the global ecosysten itself, how well it works, [when were not destroying it] how finely tuned and balanced .
3. random symbiosis of species for example: clown fish and enenomies,
both serve the other.
4. natures intricate workings, e.g. species of plants whos seed pods only open after fire when space for light [photosynthesis] and ash for fertiliser is avail to the new seedling to grow.
you have to ask yourself the chances of such extreme and complex perfection being nothing but fluke! The chances of it being truely unique in all the universe, just one in countless trillions, indeed infinty. too big a fluke? :?: :idea:

Africa poos are the sign , don't you know anything?
And not ET but Captain Jameway Our fronteer will come back from Gamaquadrom and will bring bible completely re-written.

Slateman said:
Africa poos are the sign , don't you know anything?
And not ET but Captain Jameway Our fronteer will come back from Gamaquadrom and will bring bible completely re-written.

I think some people need to go to bed a little earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back