Levis Attacked by Cat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cement, my friend has just started the wires thing, she lost the first cat attack animal in her care yesterday and came over bawling,..(she used to be a cat lover and is quickly geting over that)

the rest of teh cat attack animals shes moved to other carers since shes still quite inexperienced ,and most of tehm have died too. (mostly ringtailed possums)

somethign like 90% of wires call outs are due to cat attacks,...i purchased 3 traps after she left on sunday with a renewed zest for clearing my area of roaming cats,...being 4 houses off the bush i feel absolurtely no guilt,....

when you think that removing 1 roaming cat saves 10,000 natives from being tortured to death as a cats plaything (not food, plaything)
it seems awful to not at least try,...

really happy ur gecks are OK Ryan!!

cement you need reminding that cats were here LONG before humans and WE domesticated them, in fact they were here before and have always hunted reptiles and other creatures so you can not blame them for doing what is natural to them

maybe you need to pull YOUR head in

extinction of some animals is more the fault of HUMANS then it is cats, how many forests have been torn down to fill greedy mens pockets with money? all extinct animals can NOT be attributed to cats and im sure some of the animals you have had to put down have been the victims of dogs or humans but its easier to blame cats, reptiles and other native animals are run over by cars so should be ban cars? trucks? bikes?

some of you seriously need to take a long deep look at yourselves, opinions like yours are very dangerous, keep hating cats because they will probably be around long after man has blown himself of the planet

ryanm i am glad to hear your little ones are over their near miss and back to themselves

cement you need reminding that cats were here LONG before humans and WE domesticated them, in fact they were here before and have always hunted reptiles and other creatures so you can not blame them for doing what is natural to them...
....some of you seriously need to take a long deep look at yourselves, opinions like yours are very dangerous, keep hating cats because they will probably be around long after man has blown himself of the planet

Jeannine I think YOU need to remember cats were NEVER in Aus before humans and I'm pretty sure the natives in this country were here a LONG time before we OR the cats, therefore THEY have the right of way in this wilderness, not your cats or us humans, but as we are responsible for ALL domesticated animals it is OUR job to keep the natives safe!

Look after your cats, stop them roaming the streets and breeding willy-nilly and the people out to protect the natives will eventually lose their worthwhile hobby.

cement you need reminding that cats were here LONG before humans and WE domesticated them, in fact they were here before and have always hunted reptiles and other creatures so you can not blame them for doing what is natural to them

extinction of some animals is more the fault of HUMANS then it is cats, how many forests have been torn down to fill greedy mens pockets with money? all extinct animals can NOT be attributed to cats and im sure some of the animals you have had to put down have been the victims of dogs or humans but its easier to blame cats, reptiles and other native animals are run over by cars so should be ban cars? trucks? bikes?

some of you seriously need to take a long deep look at yourselves, opinions like yours are very dangerous, keep hating cats because they will probably be around long after man has blown himself of the planet

ryanm i am glad to hear your little ones are over their near miss and back to themselves
Are you still trying to push faecal matter up a steep incline with a piece of string? Do you not realize you are on a reptile forum and you are still tryin to tell people that keep native reptiles and for some of us native mammals that cats are only doing "what comes naturally". Maybe you should take note of the earlier post and join a "Cat fancier forum" or go to Asia where they are considered a delicacy and try and convert them. And could you please explain to me how "cats" have been here longer than "man", cos as far as I know and have read "cats" were introduced in 1788 when the first fleet came to Australia to keep the rats and mice on the ships at bay. In the words of Pauline Hanson "PLEASE EXPLAIN". On a different note, Ryan I am pleased to hear the gex are goin well and pulling thru.

For gods sake, this thread isnt about the cat. Its about the gecko.
The gecko is fine, thats all that really matters.
Everyone, please get over it. None of you will change another persons mind, so why bother?

I don't think god cares, and I agree, but for some reason she seems to think cats are fine to kill or maim other animals just because it is their nature and they were "here first". This will be my last post on this thread unless there is more ridiculous posts.
NUFF SAID!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahaha cats, native, priceless. Could you please provide me with a reference for this statement?

Last edited:
*Bolded for reading purposes*

I think Jeannine meant (or this is how I took it at least) that cats were 'on the planet' long before man (or forms of cats) not meaning Australia Specifically (It's like when we say "we" sometimes we mean "we humans" and other times we mean "we Australians" etc.)

One thing I would like to point out, is many other animal related attacks (dogs, foxes etc) on reptiles and other natives are attributed to cats, and often incorrectly (I'm not saying it's not cats - it is most definitely a cat the majority of the time) but dogs (both wild and pets) are a large issue to, as well as cars, trucks, etc - in respect to injured animals. Look at how many cars kill native animals each year? Last year I hit and killed a possum that I could not avoid and I was so upset. But there was nothing I could do.

I am a cat adopter (My cat came to me from a farm of animals that had no water and no shelter and I have cared for her ever since) and I also love my reptile too.

I honestly think that too many irresponsible people own cats and dogs in this country and others. I don't like it when people condem a whole species when it's OUR own created problem (humans) it's just another part of our destructive nature. Everything we touch, we seem to ruin. We're only getting worse. The argument can go on forever on what impact humans have had on our planet - we're all guilty of it too, we happily sit here in front of our computers and are most of the time completely ignorant to the damage we are contributing to.

Yes, cats are a problem, I just hope to remind people that they aren't THE problem though - We (humans) are THE problem. The biggest one. We have made cats our ememy. They didn't do it themselves.

*Bolded for reading purposes*

I think Jeannine meant (or this is how I took it at least) that cats were 'on the planet' long before man (or forms of cats) not meaning Australia Specifically (It's like when we say "we" sometimes we mean "we humans" and other times we mean "we Australians" etc.)

One thing I would like to point out, is many other animal related attacks (dogs, foxes etc) on reptiles and other natives are attributed to cats, and often incorrectly (I'm not saying it's not cats - it is most definitely a cat the majority of the time) but dogs (both wild and pets) are a large issue to, as well as cars, trucks, etc - in respect to injured animals. Look at how many cars kill native animals each year? Last year I hit and killed a possum that I could not avoid and I was so upset. But there was nothing I could do.

I am a cat adopter (My cat came to me from a farm of animals that had no water and no shelter and I have cared for her ever since) and I also love my reptile too.

I honestly think that too many irresponsible people own cats and dogs in this country and others. I don't like it when people condem a whole species when it's OUR own created problem (humans) it's just another part of our destructive nature. Everything we touch, we seem to ruin. We're only getting worse. The argument can go on forever on what impact humans have had on our planet - we're all guilty of it too, we happily sit here in front of our computers and are most of the time completely ignorant to the damage we are contributing to.

Yes, cats are a problem, I just hope to remind people that they aren't THE problem though - We (humans) are THE problem. The biggest one. We have made cats our ememy. They didn't do it themselves.

Exacty, Us humans are the problem by letting cats roam. How about we fix the problem by being resonsible pet owners and lock them up so that cant cause any more problems for our wildlife! Honestly if you cannot see the logic in this than I think you should do a hell of a lot more then look in the mirror.

By the way Schneke this is in no means directed at you, so dont take offence.

Jeanine also states that cats were here before reptiles, which is completely false. Of course humans are the problem, by far the most significant one. With a lot of training my cat no longer feels the need hunt reptiles nor does she often have the opportunity to if she did (I am referring to when an animal escapes an enclosure or gets into the house) - but humans being the problem doesnt make some of Jeanines statements any less false. My point was more highlighting the blatant lack of fact checking

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back