Levis Attacked by Cat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
**sigh** if you dont get my point then there is NO reason for me to try and explain it again

it comes down to respect

actually ill make this point..... while i might 'think' that about snakes i would NEVER come into a snake forum, enter threads and say it because its disrespectful to snake lovers and as i said i would never ever condone cruelty to ANY animal even ones i really dont like

yet i have seen many many posts telling members to be cruel to cats, to poison them and how to do it, in this thread alone a member said to inject the cat with lead meaning shoot it, yet it wasnt a feral cat it actually belonged to the gecko owner yet not one ounce of thought went into the post, never once did the poster think they might offend or upset the cat owner who was already beating themselves up over it and then gets told to shoot their cat !!!!!!!!

so why is ok to be disrespectful to those of us who love cats just because you dont?

and again i repeat my 'the only good snake is a dead one' (again i apologies for saying it) was me making a point, YOUR all offended because i dared to put it in writing yet seem to think its ok to post being cruel to cats .......can u NOT see my point? please does anyone get the point!!!!!!!

respect is for all animals and all animal lovers regardless

i agree with "respect is for all animals and all animal lovers regardless" , but i realise there is someone in this world that will like/hate everything... **** there are still people who hate on race... so i really am not surprised people hate and kill cats... i was more on the point of if you hate snakes and want them dead why are you on "Aussie Python's & Snakes" forum...
thats all

take it easy

btw i have 2 levis (they r so bomb :p) and i hope yours recovers but if my dogs sumhow got into them it would be my fault and not my dogs..

Last edited:
but snakes are not the only reptiles owned by members of this site, or should everyone except snake owners leave?

i joined here because there were members who owned bearded dragons and when i was going to get one i was looking for advice, information etc and asked my questions in here, i have also bought levis (occidentials) from members in here and found information on here as well

if mine got attacked i agree it would be my fault not theirs however i would be pretty upset and peeved to come in here looking for advice on an injured one only to have someone say about my cat 'inject it with lead'

while we do our utmost to ensure they are protected accidents do happen and i really hope ryanm's little ones all pull thru safely

I also get what you are saying Jeannine .......It just seems that some people do not want to understand.....
You were just stating that while you do not particularly like snakes ( although you do keep other reptiles ) you do not go around saying nastly things - but pointed out that there is alot of people out there who do...you were making a statement by using a quote - and that is all...

I do hope the geckoes recover ...........

The original gecko is shedding tonight and seems to be on the road to recovery, so thats good news.

The second one is till off his/her food, which is starting to get worrying. Any ideas how to make the crickets seem a bit more enticing?

Jeannine I understand perfectly what you are saying and you make very valid points.

Ryanm, I am very glad to hear that one of your geckos is recovering. I hope that the second also makes a speedy recovery.
I would love to offer some advise, but I am very new to the world of Gecko owning, but im sure that some one will help you.
My best wishes for the second gecko, please keep us posted.

Great to hear hes recovering!

Seems someone cant post a thread with the word "cat" in it without a huge debate starting up. :rolleyes:

Cats don't naturally dislodge tank covers.
Ahh i love how you miss the point entirely and try to sound smart, this includes stuff youve said to me on facebook.

yay ryanm good to hear that little ones coming along in leaps and bounds

be patient with the second one, hes had a shock which is actually sometimes harder to get over then an injury, your doing the very best you can do and its obvious its working, keep up the good work

thanks to those who understood what point i was trying to get across

Only good cat is a dead cat, i think i'm aloud to say this because i'm a keyboard warrior.

The original gecko is shedding tonight and seems to be on the road to recovery, so thats good news.

The second one is till off his/her food, which is starting to get worrying. Any ideas how to make the crickets seem a bit more enticing?

great news gecko 1 seems to be better,..

with the second one, remove all crickets from its cage till tonight, having them jump all over it wont be helping stress levels.

tonight, offer crickets again, if it hasnt taken them in 10 mins, pick it up in 1 hand, hold the cricket by the legs in the other hand and gently press the back of the cricket against teh geckos lips, with any luck it will bite it and eat it.

i dont have levis, but this works on amyae.

you could also try breaking the crickets legs when u put them in the tub so theyre less jumpy and less annoying.
good luck! :p

Thanks for the tips Chris, will give it a go tonight.

Gecko 1 has a bit of retained skin around her lower back/tail area. Gave her a bit more moisture this morning, so will see if she's managed to get it off herself by tonight, otherwise I will giver her a hand.

Final update on this thread, both Geckoes seem to be healthy and happy now, Gecko 1 still has a bit of retained shed around her tail but it doesn't appear to be constricting circulation, will try and help her get it off over the next couple of days. Gecko 2 is back eating, and looking much happier.

Thanks everyone for the comments and advice. Lessons learnt.

Final update on this thread, both Geckoes seem to be healthy and happy now, Gecko 1 still has a bit of retained shed around her tail but it doesn't appear to be constricting circulation, will try and help her get it off over the next couple of days. Gecko 2 is back eating, and looking much happier.

Thanks everyone for the comments and advice. Lessons learnt.

thats awesome to hear =] your really lucky they both pulled through fine!

I agree ryanm you are really lucky. i have seen so many reptiles and native animals die because of cat bite and or scratch. it doesn't help when i work as a wildlife carer as i get to see first hand on a constant basis the damage cats do.
Some make it through with baytril, others get a shot or two and still die. So a small gecko... you are very lucky because i am talking about water dragons and bluetongues and 2 ft long snakes etc, much bigger animals.

Jeanine, should pull your head in. As a cat owner you are responsible for the ongoing support of keeping cats in this country. You are dead lucky that cats have gotten in, and now have a such a large fan base that they have more rights then our own native animals. The amount of times i go to call outs and either have to personally euthanase or clean up some cats actions with either my time taking animals to the vets, or giving them the care they need to survive to be released is really disapointing. You say you are sick of hearing about people giving cats a hard time... well toughen up darling and get a grip on reality. Your beloved cats should not be here, either in cages or not.
So you continue keeping your cats,:evil: as you well know there is nothing anyone can do to stop you,:evil: but go join a cat forum.:evil:
Every time i pick up a native animal that has been on the receiving end of a cat, it is always from an apologetic yet non caring cat owner.
Every time i put a hammer through a ripped up reptiles head, i think gee i wish I was doing this to the CAT instead of this inoffensive animal. How many man hours are wasted on taking care of cats actions? Now they are rife throughout the bush and the deserts and are a major force in driving our wildlife to extinction.
Besides, gunshot to the head of a cat:lol: is a valid, and humane way to rid this country of cats so get over it.

I agree ryanm you are really lucky. i have seen so many reptiles and native animals die because of cat bite and or scratch. it doesn't help when i work as a wildlife carer as i get to see first hand on a constant basis the damage cats do. Some make it through with baytril, others get a shot or two and still die. So a small gecko... you are very lucky because i am talking about water dragons and bluetongues and 2 ft long snakes etc, much bigger animals.

Agreed I am very lucky and have taken steps to make sure it never happens again.

or because you're from Port Adelaide. Haha sorry being from north-eastern Adelaide originally, I couldn't help myself :D
I'll have to start beating cats to death with my goon sack and pack of white ox too...

Cement, I vote you for the best post of the day.
Awesome work.:p

And to think I started all this with 1 little comment about injecting some lead. I'm with you cement, all to often as carers we have to destroy poor little natives because people can't keep a cat in an enclosure or their home. I had a job last year where an elderly lady had a rural property infested with feral cats, she said that her "house cat" had bred with a feral and within 5 years she was over-run with cats. Over a two month period my father and myself trapped and shot 118 cats and kittens. Whilst doing the job we were astonished to notice that there were no small birds, skinks or lizards to be seen anywhere on the property. It seems the cats had wiped out everything in their path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back