levis strange behaviour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5potted

Reaction score
hey guys I woke up this morning to my levis acting strange. Usually she is never out during the day but now she won't go into her hide, keeps digging at the walls and won't stop moving (she looks really skittish). There has been no change to her set up, she's in a plastic tub with a heatcord over 1/3 on 34 degrees, 2 hides on both cold and hot side and a water bowl (even though she usually fills it up with sand). They (as I have two in identical set ups) get sprayed and fed medium crickets every second day with calcium every second feed, she's only 6 months old and 20grams (she's a guts). If anyone has any ideas about this new behaviour please let me know.

Has she been with a male? Could she be gravid and looking for a suitable place to lay her eggs?

You can usually see the eggs through the skin on their back or stomach.

Have you got a thermometer in the cage currently? If not could it be too hot in there and she is seeking cooler areas?

Quite often though mine are out during the day, but it is usually young ones or gravid females.

Hey no she hasn't been with the male.. i've been told that you have to wait till they're at least 30grams to even begin thinking about breeding... the heatcord is on a thermostat. Thanks for the suggestions. I was just worried cause she kept trying to climb up and dig at the walls and running around which is unusual for her. After a couple hours of that behaviour she's finally settled down under the hide and I haven't seen her since. My mum saw the behaviour first and thought she may have been hungry and threw in some crickets that she ate so at least her appetite is still there (I put some more crickets in later but she wasn't interested)

the heatcord is on a thermostat. Thanks for the suggestions. )

Be wary about this though.... thermostats can fail.

Sounds like she may have just been having a mad 5 minutes lol...... or trying to slim down and having an aerobics session? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back