Liberated questions about woma and Blackheaded p.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watch the price of womas come down in the next few years, there alot more people breeding them now, a few years ago you would never see a male woma for under $2000, i've seen several for $1800 this season.

I can't wait, even if I am breeding them when the bum falls out of the pricing. Sankes are very overpriced in Aust, but that's probably all for the good really. I'd like to see them get down to about $300 or so though ;)

It will be good, i saw a SA male woma hatchling for $1500 this time last year......they aren't as colorful though.

The way they are being bred these days, it is only of time that we follow the USA and the prices of Womas will drop like a rock.

Black headed Python Aspidites melanocephalus
mid-body scale 50-65
Ventals 315-355
Anal single
Subcaudals 60-75, mostly single
Average length 1.5 to 2.5

Woma or Ramsays python Aspidites ramsayi
mid body 50-65
Ventals 280-315
Anal single
Subcaudals 45-55, mostly single
Average length 1.5 to 2.7

not much different to the two species, they would have to be pritty close to be in the same Genus,

Tanami woma on Herp Trader for $1800...getting cheaper for sure..

Browns

Male Womas do not sell as well as females. Thats why most people try to sell them as pairs.

Hopefully this comming season we will see single male Womas as low as $1500

I reckon bhp's have heaps better paint jobs and more choice than with womas....their intense shiny black heads with thick bulldog necks is also what attracts me to them as well as their personality in general..

SA womas would be close to the ugliest snake around i reckon...big brown slug monsters...

Besides head color BHPs have a more varied color range than womas, so i don't why people are saying womas have better colors.
I've seen orange on BHPs as good as any woma, how many black and white womas have you seen :)

Have to agree with you browns SA womas are very dull.

I just took my recently shed young male bhp out into the sunshine for a walk and the intensity of the black on the head still astounds me. There is nothing like it.
BHP hatchies are jewels! I cant wait to get wa bhp hatchies - a major priority for the collection! lmao

I can appreciate womas accordingly of course!!! Check southernx gold phase vs Uluru for contrasting animals.

Yeah ad,i don't mind the Ulurus at all as they have nice crisp,bold banding and keep some black round the eyes as adults.The golden phase i like because it's different but like you said you can't match the intensity of the black on a bhp's head...plus a heap more colour and pattern variation..

WA true pilbara black and white hatchies are a must for my collection also...

There's bhps on the Trader for $850...it's all getting cheaper..If the guy in vic pumped out 40 womas this season and i know a guy who breeds 6 different bloodlines yearly,and along with other breeders i'd say their price will drop to where it should be...cheaper or same as bhp's....that's just what i reckon...could be wrong..

Browns, when I quoted I hoped single male Woma's might sell for as little as $1500 next season, I was of coarse referring to hatchlings prices. Older, more advanced specimens would natually bring a higher price.

As for SA Woma's, I agree, they are not very attractive at all. The ugliest Python I ever saw was a SA slug monster somewhere between 8 and 9 ft long owned by Neil Charles.

womas are unfinished,wannabe bhp's.i agree with browns i think there is no python better than a nice bhp.

obee

I have to say, a mate has a pair of SA woma's and both are very nice animals.
My favourite form is the tanami for though. I prefer Woma's over BHP, but would keep either :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back