Light cage problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mje772003

I have an enclosure that has a URS ceramic light fitting in it supplied by Snake whisperer how ever i i am having trouble getting in touch with Aaron.

I am wanting information and advice on i'm going to use the fittings for just normal lighting as using heat panels for normal heating. I'm not sure what measurements i go by looking for sizes can someone help as the cage doesn't need to be too long as just need it big enough for a standard light bulb. Where would people recommend or in brisbane area to get the cages?

Attachments

• 4815.JPG
    4815.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 25
I think a small light cage is fine. Best to measure the base of the light fitting and how long from the base to the end of the light.

get the type of globe your going to use , insert it into the socket - messure the total length [ then add some for space between the bulb and bottom of cage]

If you are only using it to provide light, wouldn't a compact fluoro be best as it will give off less heat?

We get cages from ebay from a store in sydney. They are 19.95 each plus shipping. Highly reccommend. We use these same fittings and the small cages fit over perfect

its 38cm around and diameter its approx 12cm

mws4life could you PM me the ebay store you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back