Light cages or not to light cage..that is the question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The snake burn poll

• I didnt/dont use light covers and have had a snake burnt from the bulb.

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • I do use light covers and have had a snake die by getting into the light cover.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont use light covers ( for less then 5 years ) and have had no problems regarding bulb burns.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • I dont use light covers ( for more then 5 years )and have had no problems regarding bulb burns.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I do use light covers.

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...we got a few votes in and its surprising how many people dont use light covers.
25% roughly.
And 10% of people have had snakes burnt.
Interesting that, you could infer from those figures that around 40% of people who currently dont use light covers will have a burnt snake in the future. Mmmmmmmmmmm...........

No ones coughed up to the death thing yet, but as Ash says, there was one the other day and Ive known of a couple of others whilst being on this site. So they happen. Sadly.

Looks like light covers are the go in my opinion. Most importantly they MUST be well made light covers and very well fitted .
Will continue making them for my cages.....pity..... I was hopeing to find out i didnt need them anymore as they are a bugger to make sometimnes, but, oh well.....as my vet, says 99% of unwell snakes comes down to husbandry and this is just part of that.
Good husbandry, happy snake.

Oh and thanks to everybody who participated in the poll and forum.

Last edited:
My 6ft carpet python used to wrap around the light bulb and blow the circut. Lucky it didn't start a fire and lucky it didn't get burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back