Like My Home made Click Clack??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Start over again, people have already told u...Buy a click clack for like 10-15 $$ at k-mart or big W...put a few small holes in it for ventalation, sit one end of it on a heat mat or cord and bobs your uncle.

i`m not a fan of dull boring enclosures like a plastic box with a dowl and newspaper, looks boring so imagine how much the snake would like it! i`ve tried to imatate its habitat in the wild, i control the temps and humidity

These plastic enclosures are just ideal for hatchlings, ecspecially being they wont be in them for 2 long. I leave the visually appealing enclosures for the more establised herps

i`m not a fan of dull boring enclosures like a plastic box with a dowl and newspaper, looks boring so imagine how much the snake would like it! i`ve tried to imatate its habitat in the wild, i control the temps and humidity

So do you have caves and bats in your spotted enclosure as this would be what there are living in in the wild??

A snake doesn't feel bored it will feel secure and safe in a little clic clack till it grows up

soil is an easy substrate when plants involved all you need to do is turn the soil thus becoming a fertiliser!i have coconut peat as well helps with humidity each to there own! my female jungle has calmed down alot since i bought her from a guy who kept her in a click clack, now that she is in a planted out natural enviroment i feel thats had alot to do with calming down

soil is an easy substrate when plants involved all you need to do is turn the soil thus becoming a fertiliser!i have coconut peat as well helps with humidity each to there own! my female jungle has calmed down alot since i bought her from a guy who kept her in a click clack, now that she is in a planted out natural enviroment i feel thats had alot to do with calming down

More like its growing up and getting more used to be around humans. Also IMO soil and other organic substrate is NOT good as you will never be able to clean it all correctly. like most people they only remove the little bit they see soiled. So if the snake has had a wee and you don't notice it it will stay there for a week or so. Not good hygiene

Thanks all
So I have emptied the whole tank and dragged out a big plastic container with an easy lock lid in it I am going to the reptile place today to get books and stuff also stuff to set up the click clack
So I will need....
-paper towel for substrate
-sterilised (clean) log
- a few more hide aways
-heat mat
-thermometer
what else
Trust me people I promise I will do my homework I hate uneducated people who rush off and get a pet and it ends up suffering thats why I spent 6 years learning about horses before I got one :)
Glad I gave everyone their laugh for the day!!! its fun to have a laugh I do it two :p

Yes its grown up in 8 days!!! Well done!!

LOL

Just so you now that there is a reason that 99% of herpers that have been in the game for Manny Manny years will all say use a clik clack and I do agree with them. It may work for a snake here and there but in the hole it doesn't and a little click clak is the way to go

Anyway back on topic Good on you Cuddly_pony for doing the right thing and researching

Hey there, I see you are only 13, but honey if you are serious about caring for your own snake, you really need to do a bit more research. This site is fabulous and will have all the answers you need if you really look. My daughter is 13 also and she read and read for ages before getting her Stimson Python, Fang.
If you don't do it right, your snake will get sick and possibly die. They also are very clever escape artists and have amazing strength, this is why the click clack plastic box is what everyone goes for...my daughter even puts bull dog clips on the edges for extra security as she loves Fang so much and would hate for him to ever escape.
Most reptile dealers we have dealt with sell click clacks with the holes already in them, ours cost $14.
Paper towel really is the easiest to keep clean.
It was a good try, and the only stupid questions are ones not asked, so don't get upset, the people on this site are just so passionate about snakes and would hate to see one in danger. Take their advice as they are right.
If you would like to talk to someone your own age about it, look up Devastatia on here and add her to your friend list, she knows heaps and would be happy to chat with you.
Good luck, and well done for seeking the correct advise.

You're all wrong. I think its amazing. Dont change anything.

You're all wrong. I think its amazing. Dont change anything.

HaHA standing up for the little ones ;)
are you going to sell her one of your snakes to go in there ???
one of the Small black one's with red belly's would look good :)

Thanks all
So I have emptied the whole tank and dragged out a big plastic container with an easy lock lid in it I am going to the reptile place today to get books and stuff also stuff to set up the click clack
So I will need....
-paper towel for substrate
-sterilised (clean) log
- a few more hide aways
-heat mat
-thermometer
what else
Trust me people I promise I will do my homework I hate uneducated people who rush off and get a pet and it ends up suffering thats why I spent 6 years learning about horses before I got one :)
Glad I gave everyone their laugh for the day!!! its fun to have a laugh I do it two :p

read this http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...-to-build-a-click-clack-dial-up-warning-93266

you don't need to use wire in the top simple holes will do the job

you will also need a thermostat so that you can adjust the temp.

Cuddly Pony, aged 13, and doesn't talk in txt.
Can I have a guess at the real username? :D

nice try, can see that you have put alot of effort into it. as other people have said a plastic tub with newspaper and some dowel will be much better

Cuddly Pony, aged 13, and doesn't talk in txt.
Can I have a guess at the real username? :D
Lol I think I am missing something???
You can have a go dont know what its about but ok!!!
lol
Thanks for the advice people keep it coming!!!!
p.s. I have no intentions of putting a snake in it ..... it doesnt even exist anymore!!!!

I would ditch the tank all together. Plastic container.. The glass will loose heat, ventilation will be a problem and it will not be hard to escape.

yeah because its common knowledge that plactic is a far superior insulator than glass?????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back