Like My Home made Click Clack??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
any heat matt, nothing over 10 watt (that will get more then hot enough) then i reccoment a microclimate b1 thermostat

yeah because its common knowledge that plactic is a far superior insulator than glass?????????????????

I was thinking the glass one would have problems because of Fly screen on the top . Any way im sure plastic is better any way because overall there is less problems

Cuddly_Pony hunni im so glad youre not disheartened by what everyone has had to say, especially since alot of people here have just been quite frank and blunt. and while i must admit no, your enclosure isnt suitable, its really cool to find someone so excited and fresh on here. but stiil, good effort hun! Im glad you posted up and got feedback before you put a little bitey fanged one in there, just make sure you have everything to the best you can for the security, safety and comfort of your reptile.

and guys lets try to be a little nicer to the young ones and not scare them away? theyre the generation that will be taking over the vivariums when we all die off :lol:

constructive critism is good! petty put downs arent.

Thanks Absinthe!!!!!
I was just shocked at how people turned this thread around about my age :(
Thanks again!!!

is a thermostat really necessary? or can i just use a 5watt heat mat under a click clack?

no most likley not.

i had a 4 watt heat matt go just recently, i tested it to see how hot it would get without a thermostat, and it got to temps around 45-48 degrees.

imo, spend the extra money and get a thermostat, but buy one that you can use in its enclosure when its bigger aswell, as you will have to buy on anyone.

no most likley not.

i had a 4 watt heat matt go just recently, i tested it to see how hot it would get without a thermostat, and it got to temps around 45-48 degrees.

imo, spend the extra money and get a thermostat, but buy one that you can use in its enclosure when its bigger aswell, as you will have to buy on anyone.

can i just ask how you tested the temp?

no most likley not.

At the moment i have my 10w on a timer for 15 minutes on then 15 minutes off. The temps stay around 31 to 33. However soon i will be investing in a thermostat to be on the safe side

Get rid of that soil befor you put in the snake i know it prob looks nice but it is hard to clean and is not at all good for the snake i can tell you that from expierence!!!

Seems you are on the right track now, all i can say is read read read and then read some more. Any questions ask, but dont just accept the first answer. And be sure to post pics of your finnished set up, we'd all love to see what you have learned.

i have a 7watt heat mat on a 15min/15min on/off timer for my juvi darwin and it maintains temps fine.
i also have carpet between the heat mat and the tub and foam under it so it holds the heat perfectly.
have been using it this way for months and snakes are healthy and digesting every feed just fine.

Be careful to clean the tub lots, my snake urinated in its hide and i didnt even notice for a few days meanwhile it had been sitting on the warm, damp substrate for too long, and as a result my snake suffered scale rot. All is well now, but its something i didnt even think about when setting up my only click clack.

Hey im using a glass tank for my snakes but i have done alot of work to ensure it is going to hold heat this is my work so far....

I thought you could have stuck with the glass tank and just fixed it up. Why is everyone so set on your age ? I think a lot of people forget that you probably have very little funds at this age. While the click clack may be the cheapest and easiest enclosure, i think they look hideous and dont enable you to see the snake . I'll probably get roasted for that as everyone swears by them. You'll get used to the criticism as a lot of people are very judgemental and opinionated on this forum. Good luck with the snake.

well good on you for taking all that advice on board as you are only 14, we all had to start somewhere
thank goodness this forum is available to give sound advice to the young herpers of the future

Cuddly Pony, aged 13, and doesn't talk in txt.
Can I have a guess at the real username? :D
I find that comment rather odd to be honest.
I'm about 12 months younger than her and I don't speak in text, does that make me a troll or someone with another account?
Not having a go at you tooninoz, just wondering why everyone assumes these things? :)

Cuddly Pony use the constructive, kind criticism to help you, and ignore the pathetic, low putdowns that some have shot at you. A statue has never been made in honour of a critic. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back