Little things??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

longqi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
What are the little things that just happen and help you understand why you will never stop enjoying reptiles

EG Just had better half's friend over from Central Kalimantan
We leave bath half full of water so any of the snakes can go for a swim particularly now as weather is hot and humid
The friends dont like snakes in a big way so told them to use shower in en suite in their room and shut the door
3AM screams and yells
Theyd decided to have a bath
Nice fat albino Burmese said Gidday
Wonderful time with one of the friends actually ending up playing with sanca in the bath
Other one is still a bit dubious

I went to a pet expo in townsville a couple of years ago and a few people took their snakes and a few took other animals... Well one poor person was playing with their rat and then decided to walk on by the person holding their stunning water python, within a couple of milli seconds rat no longer climbing arm lol... For all purposes i believe the rat was saved. But it simply the snake saying " ha you think your cool cause you can climb over her, well i can rip you off her :p "

back in july this year when i had a rip snorting headache and could barely function, my sister walked past my room and saw how stressed Yoda was even though his environment hadn't changed so she got him out and he ran straight down her arm onto my head and sat there all day, if i moved he moved with me....its something that cant be judged unless you see it.

I had a group playing with snakes
One nervous lady asked "It wont eat me will it?"
Little boy in group answered 'No Way, Your bums too big'

I had a group playing with snakes
One nervous lady asked "It wont eat me will it?"
Little boy in group answered 'No Way, Your bums too big'

I said the exact same thing to my neighbour just the other week! :lol: But why do i love them.......i just do! I dont have a reason, but i know i will never 'get over it'!

For me its all the small things I see and learn each day. Like today, Charli had her 1st shed and you can not wipe the smile off my face!!! I even rang my mum and dad at work to fill them in!!! Her 1st feed was amazing too!! It still is amazing watching her get ready to strike her dinner and wrap around it!

A few weeks ago I had a friend over who is not a fan at all with snakes, but when I got Charli out, she reached out to pat her and was amazed at how "un-slimy" she was! It was only a short time later she was holding her with no more fear!

Every day she changes my life (along with my other animals) in some way! I learn from her and grow as a person so I will always be g8full and feel so blessed to have them in my life!!!

So the wish list grows!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back