locality specific bredli and inland carpet breeders?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
just wondering if there are any locality specific inlands or bredli round?

From what I understand, the limited natural range of the Bredli mean they are all locale specific

Most bredli are from around Alice Springs.

Most people seem to think that taxonomic purity is all that matter, so the Murray Darlings are usually mixed or of unknown locality, but a few people have pure lines of known origin. Southern Cross have South Australian ones, as well as the Gammon Ranges Carpets.

Most bredli are from around Alice Springs.

Most people seem to think that taxonomic purity is all that matter, so the Murray Darlings are usually mixed or of unknown locality, but a few people have pure lines of known origin. Southern Cross have South Australian ones, as well as the Gammon Ranges Carpets.

most md are sa forms ;)

im going up to and around mildura regeon to film a herp doco later in the year, im told by the host there will be MD's there, ill let you guys know.

its for a dvd series, filmed last week on an old farm ruins in the western suberbs of melbourne, we found a big bluey, a few whips, and were hot on the trail of tigers, but never got them

first part of the series was on spotlighting in WA, the guys who does the docos is FANTASTIC!

it seems that any inland can be called a murray darling these days.

Murray-darlings are a locality form of Inland python.

"Locality"? :shock: Do you know how large the Murray-Darling basin is? :shock: It spans four states, it's over 1,000km across, it's massive!

There are plenty of NSW, QLD and even Victorian ones going around. A few years ago there was a big stir in Victoria because so many down here were being poached.

sdaji, you know any breeders of the qld inlands?

sdaji, you know any breeders of the qld inlands?

I know a couple of breeders who have QLD x SA Murray Darlings, but off the top of my head I can't think of anyone who is breeding pure QLD ones.

ohwell i'll have to keep my eyes open, thanks

it seems that any inland can be called a murray darling these days.

there is a reason for that!

heres a map of the "Murray-Darling Basin"

basically the whole stretch of the area that "inland" pythons live in......

Map_of_Australia_and_Basin_copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back