Look what i found...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stepping on them would probably be more humane but I think they are here to stay anyway so killing one or two here and there probably isnt going to make a whole lot of difference.
i would just use them for food for other animals.

introduce them to melbourne in summer, they'll kill the pesky flies

that wouldnt be a good idea, if you do you are going to affect the native animal population badly most likely, I doubt marbled geckos will survive if they have to compete with house geckos for food let alone not get eaten. it may sound like a good idea but look what happened with the cane toad, it sounded good but now it has nearly wiped out many species

Last edited:
AHG THERE JUST AS BAD AS THE CANE TOAD LIKE ALL THING INTRODUCED THAY COMPET FOR FOOD ANS SPACE THAY MUST NOT BE TACKEN LIGHTLEY IF THIS IS THE FIRST ONE YOU SEEN GET RID OF IT THAY WILL TAKE OVER ALL NATIVES AS THAY EAT THE BABYS AND COMPET FOR FOOD REMBER IF ITS NOT NATIVE ITS DOING DAMIGE TO THE AUSTRALIAN ENVIROMENTNO MATTER WHAT IT IS ahg RUBBETS CATS OR CANE TOADS

aww, theyre so cute,...!!

dont kill it, if its not hurting anything, why hurt it?

(unlike cats/cane toads etc)

I havnt really heard too much about any damage these guys are causing, but killing them certainly wont hurt. They are good reptile food IMO.

ssssnakeman, is this a more humane way of doing it? I don't come across AHG's but have heard that some ppl do freeze them. I always wondered why.

I freeze them to kill any nasty stuff that may be lurking in them. Donking them on the head seems to work well.

I cant see the point in killing it either, just pointless.....im sure there'd soon be an outcry if an australian specie was found in another country & it was killed because it wasnt native.....i can see some point in killing cane's (as long as its done properly) because they are posionous...but this things harmless....cant you just keep it....its not the lizards fault its not in the right country, & like someones already said....killing 1 isnt going to make any difference to the 1000000's that are running around in OZ.

There is contention that AHG are actually native (well as native as GTP'S and tree kangaroos) they may have crossed the land bridge that conected Papua and Australia many millennia ago. the fact they seem to have suddenly appeared in areas they were not noted before can be attributed to human development, hitching a ride on a truck is a faster way to cover a lot of ground, and set up an independant satellite colony in a new environment......

since they aren't native then it should be legal to freeze these pests and sell them off as food, why aren't people up north doing so? I know if i could get little gecko's or skinks to get my juvi elapids going I would buy them left right and center. I'd even take live.

i'm not killing it. what right do i have to take the life of another living thing for no reason other than it being a 'pest'?
lol same "right" they have to kill native animals, there is nothing wrong with not killing AHG's its not like they are cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back